Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: District Judge rules an illegal alien has the right to possess firearms

District Judge rules an illegal alien has the right to possess firearms

Haven’t seen this discussed yet. Apologies if this has been posted already. I’m interested to see if this gets granted cert during the next SCOTUS term.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

which means as long as they are authorized to work (DACA), they can become police: https://apnews.com/article/fact-chec...s-968521926686

I haven’t read the entire ruling but the overall idea of it is consistent with the precedent set in Heller and Bruen, imo.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Well. Hard to hire illegals as cops if they can’t own guns. The BS DACA thing created a loophole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    which means as long as they are authorized to work (DACA), they can become police: https://apnews.com/article/fact-chec...s-968521926686
    Old news for Connecticut.

‘Keep Following Your Dreams:' DACA Recipient Celebrates Becoming a Police Officer

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...ficer/2542676/

Are DACA cops ACAB too?
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Site Supporter
    Nevermind

Site Supporter
    Do they have the right of free speech, such that they could be banned from sending an OP-ED to the newspapers?

The global point is that our parties, trying for advantage in elections, are unable to actually deal with immigration. Two of my grandparents would be classified as illegals nowadays. I taught some 'illegals' who were as bright as any of our native born, Anglo kids.

Again, the point being the extreme zealots of both parties (of whom we have no choice but to accept their candidates) are unable to come to a reasonable solution for immigration.

Bah.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Do they have the right of free speech, such that they could be banned from sending an OP-ED to the newspapers?

The global point is that our parties, trying for advantage in elections, are unable to actually deal with immigration. Two of my grandparents would be classified as illegals nowadays. I taught some 'illegals' who were as bright as any of our native born, Anglo kids.

Again, the point being the extreme zealots of both parties (of whom we have no choice but to accept their candidates) are unable to come to a reasonable solution for immigration.

Bah.
    I wonder how that same judge in Illinois would rule on me, a legal citizen, having an AR15 for the same reasons even though PICA now says that’s illegal. The 7th circuit slapped down the injunction on that pretty fast if I recall.

I have a feeling I already know.

Site Supporter
    The Second Amendment seems to be one that there is little agreement upon in our polarized society. What else is new? If someone suggested that immigrants could be subjected to cruel and unusual punishments - maybe they would remand that for years?

Scotus needs to rule decisively on 2nd Amend. issues and not with a new test about Humpford Dumpkettle in 1690. Also, Congress needs to come up with reasonable legislation on immigration and processes that move in real time. Given the limited intellect in both parties, I doubt it.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

User Tag List