Thread: Tennessee Teachers

Tennessee Teachers

A bill has passed - but not signed into law - to allow Tennessee School teachers to go armed.
    The Left Liberals and their Media Minions have of course gone into apoplexy.

My actual Tennessee Teacher contact, where we have introduced an Old Maid Schoolmarm to men, guns, and liquor, showed the following requirements.

"Still has to be signed into law. School districts can opt out. You have to have an enhanced carry permit, psych evaluation, 40 hours training and you have to be approved by the Director of Schools for your district, approved by the sheriff and the principal"

My question is, what do you do in 40 hours of training?
    Safety and legalities are regularly covered in one day CCW classes.
    So how about marksmanship and tactics?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Bleed out first aid

Realistic FOF with airsoft or the like that is well scripted and refereed with shoot, no shoot, you are not armed, others are armed, the law arrives, what to do, etc.

Some discussion of after action psychological consequences. BTW, I found lots of gun folks don't like this, to be told they might have some acute and then later stress disorders.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    While I am sure the 40 hours could be made worthwhile, the requirements seem to be written to ensure that few teachers actually make the effort to clear all the hurdles or even have the chance to make that choice.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Maybe they'll adapt the FFDO program's syllabus?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List