Page 425 of 3544 FirstFirst ... 3253754154234244254264274354755259251425 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 35433

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Make an electric car that doesn't look like a dog turd, BRILLIANT!!!
    Bother....
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Make an electric car that doesn't look like a dog turd, BRILLIANT!!!
    and has decent range.
    and goes like taco bell out of @JodyH
    and has some pretty neat tech shit
    etc.

I'm still not sure if EM is a benevolent genius or one volcano island purchase away from being a James Bond villain, but for the most part i'm liking the cut of his jib.
    I know some like to complain he's made his "money" on the backs of the tax payers (somewhat, possibly, theoretically) but he/the company also are giving away their tech for free.
    Given all the good stuff he/they have come up with, I'd say it's been a better (tax) investment than say, Solyndra.

Sorry for the rant.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Hydrogen is the better power storage medium vs batteries. Electric cars are fashionable. Hydrogen will win. The tech is catching up. The infrastructure changes are not revolutionary and there are myriad ways to co-gen fuel locally vs the terrible (end-to-end) efficiencies of plug-in electrics.

Credit to Musk for his vision. He's an inspirational leader (although I'm not a fan of his persona). I'd love a Tesla that ran on Hydrogen.
    How far can I get on a kilo of Hydrogen vs. a Kilo of battery?
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

My biggest problem with hydrogen is the storage method. Since I'm not seeing anyone making miniature cryogenic containers it'll have to be stored under high pressure to give you decent range. If you rupture that container you're going to have a Really Bad Time, especially if an ignition source is available. Couple that with the the fact the average person is brutally stupid and will manage to screw up the refueling connection far too often. While I do find mushroom clouds to be quite lovely certain times of the year, having them occur with regularity isn't my idea of a good time.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    My biggest problem with hydrogen is the storage method. Since I'm not seeing anyone making miniature cryogenic containers it'll have to be stored under high pressure to give you decent range. If you rupture that container you're going to have a Really Bad Time, especially if an ignition source is available. Couple that with the the fact the average person is brutally stupid and will manage to screw up the refueling connection far too often. While I do find mushroom clouds to be quite lovely certain times of the year, having them occur with regularity isn't my idea of a good time.
    Oh come now we dont all live in Oregon.
    Name:  809.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  40.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I know we're not suppose to get offended her, but seriously, the Macarena??
    After the first couple seconds, I don't even see the TRex any more.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Hydrogen is the better power storage medium vs batteries. Electric cars are fashionable. Hydrogen will win. The tech is catching up. The infrastructure changes are not revolutionary and there are myriad ways to co-gen fuel locally vs the terrible (end-to-end) efficiencies of plug-in electrics.

Credit to Musk for his vision. He's an inspirational leader (although I'm not a fan of his persona). I'd love a Tesla that ran on Hydrogen.
    I thought the biggest drawback to Hydrogen cars was that you couldn't efficiently synthesize Hydrogen, i.e. it used more power to make it than it produced. Has that problem been solved?

I thought this was a funny meme thread, not the alternative fuel thread.

Name:  Dalai-Operator-6-550x359.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  55.3 KB
    Name:  ab3adba4b6c024d5dfd42e60faa4aff5.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  22.2 KB
    Name:  1a99228c06f89ba282f3f4c2aba1824a8d8d08d3228f22234c68d55b72a99530.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  16.7 KB
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 01-18-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I think your mistaking hydrogen gas at room temp and pressure. I believe, Hydrogen under high pressure behaves differently. Even when it sees a radical decompression aka busted tank. Hyundai has a hydrogen vehicle operating in population centers in the USA that they have supposedly done testing on for ruptures of all kinds and couldn’t make it go all Hindenburg. Large scale Hydrogen generation, distribution and storage are a different issue though.

Name:  hillary - ban guns to save the toddlers.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  49.0 KB

Name:  feminist hypocrite.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  66.3 KB
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

User Tag List