Page 2725 of 3533 FirstFirst ... 17252225262526752715272327242725272627272735277528253225 ... LastLast
Results 27,241 to 27,250 of 35321

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Name:  CDD82DF4-DE67-4B72-9F72-1A1B09356477.jpeg
Views: 755
Size:  43.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Where do they live? As I understand it, most (if not all) of the switching equipment necessary to support such phones has been replaced around my AO.
    That's also how I understood it. Most of the old POTS / circuit-switched network stuff is supposed to be gone and it's all VOIPy-fiber internet from the curb to the rest of the network. The only copper left, I thought, was from the RJ11 jack in your house to the curb.

Someone at work recently mentioned that they can receive phone calls on their old rotary but no longer dial out. So I guess maybe the old copper isn't all gone, but it's on its way out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I lost my last dial phone in 1999 to a flood, otherwise I’d still have it. It was hands down the clearest best voice quality phone in the house. Could also be used as a weapon in a pinch.
    “When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage killing a man. With a Ma Bell rotary phone.”
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Name:  CDD82DF4-DE67-4B72-9F72-1A1B09356477.jpeg
Views: 755
Size:  43.5 KB
    I second the thought.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    That's also how I understood it. Most of the old POTS / circuit-switched network stuff is supposed to be gone and it's all VOIPy-fiber internet from the curb to the rest of the network. The only copper left, I thought, was from the RJ11 jack in your house to the curb.
    Someone forgot to tell that to Verizon in NEPA. Not only do we still have POTS, they have no intention of ever bringing FIOS to the Poconos. Something about their business model being geared toward cellular networks and there not being enough population to justify the investment fiber optic cables. Last summer the borough was repairing a bridge in town and cut through a conduit or something and it was several days until they were able to coble it back together and for a couple months, every time it rained, I had to put in a work ticket and as often as not, they would fix one line and another would go out. FWIW, though, didn't the old rotary phones require incoming power? IIRC, the red and black were low voltage and the yellow and green were for the line until they did away with the low voltage a few decades ago?
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I second the thought.
    I've seen the other pictures from that event.

We're good. Trust me.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I've seen the other pictures from that event.

We're good. Trust me.

Okie John
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter

Rest in peace Betty White. I thought you were going to live forever.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post

Rest in peace Betty White. I thought you were going to live forever.
    I was hoping she would.

User Tag List