Page 2206 of 3537 FirstFirst ... 120617062106215621962204220522062207220822162256230627063206 ... LastLast
Results 22,051 to 22,060 of 35362

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Name:  LyingAss.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  35.4 KB

Ignore Alien Orders

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Name:  CC011756-A647-46CF-B5F5-6A95136EE8EC.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  88.8 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I was the scared skydiver who told his buddies that he was going first so he wouldn't get cold feet climbing on to the tire and holding the strut of that Cessna 182. (One of the nicer things the CIA folks did for us back then in the late 80's...)

Buddy says, "But you're a mountain climber, you shouldn't be afraid."

I said "Yeah, but we don't jump off when we get to the summit."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I saw a jumper sit down on the step of the paratroop door of a C-141.
    Moments later the Jumpmaster planted his foot forcefully in the middle of the jumper's pack tray.
    It wasn't a textbook exit, but the jumper did leave the airplane.
    On the walk across the tarmac for the next jump, the jumper popped the buckles and released the straps on the harness, turned around and said, "I can't do this", then walked away leaving the parachute sitting there.
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

It's not for everyone.
    I went skydiving once. The best part I got to joke with people, that my first airplane flight as an adult, i didn't finish.
    It was true. Last time I was on a plane I was 18 months old.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Name:  CC011756-A647-46CF-B5F5-6A95136EE8EC.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  88.8 KB
    Back in the day, I used to get put on active duty to run the rappel tower at Fort Riley for reserve units that wanted to do 'adventure training.' I got pretty good at talking folks through the process topside, but always enjoyed the look in their eyes at the point of 'breakover' where ther's no coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    It's not for everyone.
    I went skydiving once. The best part I got to joke with people, that my first airplane flight as an adult, i didn't finish.
    It was true. Last time I was on a plane I was 18 months old.
    When I first began work at our state's academy, I started jumping at the skydiving operation next door, they were legit and pretty safe, weren't too impressed (read not at all) by the fact I was an Army Jumpmaster, but they quickly realized I had potential to steer business their way. So they offered me a free lift ticket for every person I brought in.

This wasn't as lucrative as it might seem. When it comes right down to it, most folks don't want anything to do with jumping out of planes. When you combine that with the fact that back them cops were even more underpaid than they are now, I'd get a couple of folks a year at best. One class had three guys that went through ground school and were going to jump. Their classmates, over 50 folks, turned out to watch them. First guy was a jump refusal, the other two jumped.

For years after that when I'd run into someone from that class they tell me they were from the #% Basic, you know, the one where K^&* didn't jump.' LOL

The military prepares you for that long look down by exiting the 34 foot tower and, at Benning, during tower week. It's a different sensation if your first experience is crouching in the door of a Cessna 182 looking down at 3,500 feet of empty space.

Had a hard time deciding between this and BBQ thread.

Name:  31841.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  83.1 KB

User Tag List