Page 3503 of 3543 FirstFirst ... 25033003340334533493350135023503350435053513 ... LastLast
Results 35,021 to 35,030 of 35430

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Sent this to my manager, who is a scot on the east coast of Scotland. I can understand him just fine, unless he starts using Scottish colloquialisms.

I spent a week in Glasgow for work back in 2019 and have a distinct memory of walking down the street and seeing a guy walking towards me while talking on the phone. I knew he was speaking English (rather than some foreign language) but I'll be damned if I could understand anything he was saying.

Chris

Name:  image-7.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  83.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2121.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  71.4 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Name:  IMG_2123.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  49.8 KB

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_0399.jpeg
Views: 549
Size:  31.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Name:  IMG_2123.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  49.8 KB
    Et tu, awp?
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Et tu, awp?
    Nah man, I ain't et nuthin'!

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Sent this to my manager, who is a scot on the east coast of Scotland. I can understand him just fine, unless he starts using Scottish colloquialisms.

I spent a week in Glasgow for work back in 2019 and have a distinct memory of walking down the street and seeing a guy walking towards me while talking on the phone. I knew he was speaking English (rather than some foreign language) but I'll be damned if I could understand anything he was saying.

Chris
    They speak Spanish in Sonora MX also.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Last edited by Borderland; 03-15-2024 at 09:45 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post

Chris
    Many years ago, an Irishman from my old department organized a trip to Dublin for St Patrick's day. 41 of us and our families went, and us cops got to March in the parade in Dublin with the Garda (the Irish National Police). Fantastic experience. Once in a lifetime.

Aside from the senior officer who organized the trip, who was from a small town outside of Cork known for its unusual accent, we had a young rookie cop who was also from Ireland. The morning of the parade we were all gathered in the hotel lobby in our Class As, waiting for the bus. The senior guy, Pat, was rushing around to everyone giving last minute instructions. Wife and I were talking to the young rookie, Andy, when Pat came up and gave his shpeil. As he walked away, Andy looked at my wife and I with a confused look on his face, and said in his own thick irish accent, "I couldn't understand a fuckin' thing that man just said." Not even the Irish could understand Pat.

User Tag List