Page 2377 of 3532 FirstFirst ... 137718772277232723672375237623772378237923872427247728773377 ... LastLast
Results 23,761 to 23,770 of 35320

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Name:  35669.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  34.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Was I the only one who thought that Gandalf was going to nuke it from orbit by commanding the eagle to drop Frodo and the ring into the volcano? You know, it’s the only way to be sure.

That’s what I would have done.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    What do you call the person who graduates medical school at the bottom of the class?

"Captain"
    They are Called Captain.... fixed it for you. They end up in the military. Been there and received their care.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    They are Called Captain.... fixed it for you. They end up in the military. Been there and received their care.
    Big Air Force has stopped making full-fledged MDs. Instead they're recruiting kids who have graduated med school but are not residency complete and calling them "doctor". Some of the most incompetent medical care I've ever experienced. But hey, it saves the taxpayers money.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xAGM114 View Post
    Big Air Force has stopped making full-fledged MDs. Instead they're recruiting kids who have graduated med school but are not residency complete and calling them "doctor". Some of the most incompetent medical care I've ever experienced. But hey, it saves the taxpayers money.
    I am being pedantic, but they aren't just called "Doctor" they have earned the title. Now, whether they know much of anything without residency training is an entirely different thing. Probably they know enough to be dangerous. I think 2nd Lieutenants may be in a similar situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I am being pedantic, but they aren't just called "Doctor" they have earned the title. Now, whether they know much of anything without residency training is an entirely different thing. Probably they know enough to be dangerous. I think 2nd Lieutenants may be in a similar situation.
    When my 2d Lt whipped out his 1911 and started pointing it at helicopters I was really impressed.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Name:  Sign.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  32.2 KB

Name:  35F529D5-3A33-4E68-8C8C-13E3FF35216F.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  32.6 KB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    People still get named Carl. Probably even Jody once in awhile.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I always thought the flight surgeon training pathway was, uh, interesting. As far as I know it was mostly popular with the folks in my class who didn't want to pay for the MD, but didn't want to commit to more than 4 years of service. Always seemed like you'd be limiting yourself to certain specialties by doing so, particularly those with a heavy emphasis on academics (eg neurosurgery). Seemed like you may as well go whole hog and do the military match too - at least it seems way less stressful to me anyway.

User Tag List