Page 2836 of 3541 FirstFirst ... 18362336273627862826283428352836283728382846288629363336 ... LastLast
Results 28,351 to 28,360 of 35403

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    So - like a navy F-18 squadron’s “cruise video”, but substitute “landing on the boat” for “refueling”.
    Occasional weapons employment, lots of “got the 3 wire”.
    Pretty much, but with a really bad subplot about a pilot's Congressman dad trying to get him to move into a bomber squad, and lots of drinking at the officer's club.
    Set to 60's elevator music.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Not quite a meme..... Maybe a Texas meme?

What not to do when the weather shits the bed? .. Go out for a drive.

Yesterday got pretty frisky around here.... Not as bad as other places, certainly.
    I stepped out of a courthouse at 6PM when the guard kicked us out ("building closes at 6" "Uh... Deputy.. There's a tornado out there"). Got hit with winds I'd estimate >60MPH as the sirens sounded for a tornado a few miles away. Thankfully, the guard took pity on the urgent banging on the glass doors and, I'm sure, the expression of panic on our faces, and lest us back inside.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    @GyroF-16 knows where this story is going.

In the USAF fighter world, we have to wear cold water exposure suits under our flight gear when we fly over water less than 60 degrees. If you eject, the suit allows you to stay alive long enough to get into your one-man raft, and maybe survive to rescue. When I was at Misawa in northern Japan for 3 years, we flew over water to train almost exclusively, and had to wear poopy-suits (what we called them) 8 months out of the year. That shit got old, and the suits quite smelly. The wrist cuffs and neck seals on these older-style rubberized fabric suits were very tight latex rubber, and the suits have glued-on booties that go inside your flight boots. You strip, don nomex long underwear, don the poopy-suit, re-don your flight suit, add a survival vest, g-suit, and ejection harness with inflatable horse-collar flotation vest. It was about 60 lbs of gear, and a pain-in-the-ass.

When you don the suit and gear, you have to burp the excess air out of the suit, do squats to compress the suit, and release the burped air from the neck and wrist seals. This leads to the great game. If you fart in your suit (and you will), it is not going anywhere. In fact, with a little skill, you can be standing at the ops desk, waiting for some person to finish giving your flight its final weather/updates before you step to the jets, and aim that pickled fart out the cuff of your sleeve into your friend’s/wingman’s nose. Good times. Payback is a bitch.

That is EXACTLY what came to mind when I saw that picture.
    Have a relative who was a Naval Aviator, who spent a lot of hours in a poopy suit. You know that peculiar smell of fear sweat? His wife says she tried everything to get that smell out of the poopy suit, without success. That's night carrier landings for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    @GyroF-16 knows where this story is going.

In the USAF fighter world, we have to wear cold water exposure suits under our flight gear when we fly over water less than 60 degrees. If you eject, the suit allows you to stay alive long enough to get into your one-man raft, and maybe survive to rescue. When I was at Misawa in northern Japan for 3 years, we flew over water to train almost exclusively, and had to wear poopy-suits (what we called them) 8 months out of the year. That shit got old, and the suits quite smelly. The wrist cuffs and neck seals on these older-style rubberized fabric suits were very tight latex rubber, and the suits have glued-on booties that go inside your flight boots. You strip, don nomex long underwear, don the poopy-suit, re-don your flight suit, add a survival vest, g-suit, and ejection harness with inflatable horse-collar flotation vest. It was about 60 lbs of gear, and a pain-in-the-ass.

When you don the suit and gear, you have to burp the excess air out of the suit, do squats to compress the suit, and release the burped air from the neck and wrist seals. This leads to the great game. If you fart in your suit (and you will), it is not going anywhere. In fact, with a little skill, you can be standing at the ops desk, waiting for some person to finish giving your flight its final weather/updates before you step to the jets, and aim that pickled fart out the cuff of your sleeve into your friend’s/wingman’s nose. Good times. Payback is a bitch.

That is EXACTLY what came to mind when I saw that picture.
    Huh. OTOH the tanker guys dragging you across the pond take turns clearing off to make fresh coffee with the Aero Press and heating up Thai Chicken Curry backpacking meals. That's if you're not the guy taking a nap on the memory foam mattress in the bunk.

War is hell.

Yep, fighter drags are hard on all of us.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I love this one so much.

Name:  CC4843EB-CAEE-4497-9ACD-2200DBE14BD2.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  47.3 KB
    #RESIST

Killdozer is on display somewhere?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Name:  3F375B9C-E457-4647-9D50-C415D353E03D.jpeg
Views: 887
Size:  29.5 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Name:  ADCB4291-4B51-4DB6-9BB8-A9CC2E275A5F.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  42.4 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List