Page 2177 of 3516 FirstFirst ... 117716772077212721672175217621772178217921872227227726773177 ... LastLast
Results 21,761 to 21,770 of 35158

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Memory
    All alone in the moonlight
    I can smile happy your days (I can dream of the old days)
    Life was beautiful then
    I remember the time I knew what happiness was
    Let the memory live again.

Heck yes. From the crew-cuts and whitewall tires on the earthmoving equipment, I’d say mid 1960s. And yes that’s me in the picture.

Here’s another, of me demonstrating an early appreciation of Alternating Current. This might have helped me in deciding to become an EE.

Name:  B6AC34A5-BB67-452C-BC5F-8B608E5C78E4.jpeg
Views: 891
Size:  49.3 KB

At age 14, I built my first stereo receiver from a Heathkit. 2x20W output. I learned however that tantalum capacitors do not make a very good rectifier bridge. The smell wafted through the house for days. My mom was not impressed.

Site Supporter
    Memory
    Life was beautiful then

When I was that age, living in Queens NY, the city decided it was time to upgrade the sewer system through my neighborhood. They tore up the street in front of my house exposing a 4 foot high tunnel system that ran through town. Full of darkness, rats and adventure. Surprisingly, very little stink. Months of unparalleled adventure ensued.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    When I was that age, living in Queens NY, the city decided it was time to upgrade the sewer system through my neighborhood. They tore up the street in front of my house exposing a 4 foot high tunnel system that ran through town. Full of darkness, rats and adventure. Surprisingly, very little stink. Months of unparalleled adventure ensued.
    I remember riding my bike to Cunningham Park and exploring the sewers and conduits there with my old friend Walter Epps. There were plenty of opportunities for excitement (and danger) for enterprising young kids back then. We lived close enough to Flushing Meadows (the old World's Fair grounds) to be able to ride a bike down there and spend the day exploring lake, swamp and various mysterious habitats.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    --Jason--

Memory
    Life was beautiful then

I had my M1919.
    Name:  MachineGun.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  20.1 KB

Heh.

In my yute, I had fun exploring Dragon's Teeth and ex-German Army concrete bunkers, more or less strewn with rebar sticking out. On my own. Fun times. It's amazing I even lived past 10.

Obligatory meme:

Name:  birds.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  80.9 KB

Site Supporter
    The city of Hot Springs AR is a beautiful tourist town. A 4 lane street runs between 2 mountains through the tourist district with hotels, restaurants, and historic bath houses. What most people, including most Hot Springs residents, don't know is that Central Avenue was built over the Hot Springs creek. There is a huge tunnel, miles long, with a creek running down it right beneath Central Avenue.

Name:  HotspringCreekRunnel.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  72.7 KB
    Creek being overlaid.

Name:  HotSpringsCentralAve.jpeg
Views: 788
Size:  72.9 KB
    Recent photo of Central Avenue.

The third book in my "Given" series uses the gangster lore of the creek tunnels as a plot device.
    Facebook Album.
    Last edited by Bigguy; 11-21-2020 at 04:09 PM.

@Bigguy, I was just there in August. I wish I would have known that, it would have been cool to see.

Link to book series?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    @Bigguy, I was just there in August. I wish I would have known that, it would have been cool to see.

Link to book series?
    Thanks for asking. I'll post a link to my Amazon page. The "Given" series is a near future Sci-fi, written in a YA style with a strong female lead. Probably not for most of the guys here. But, if you want to check out the Hot Springs one, it is the third in the series, "The Life I'm Given." (Even though it's a series, each one will stand alone. It's just there will be spoilers for previous books.)
    "From The Delta Mud," was described by one reviewer as a "Man's Book." It's a political thriller set in my home county in SE Arkansas.
    The final book I've published is a non-fiction about my bout with Bladder Cancer. I tried to focus on the humorous things that were happening during this frightening time of my life.

Guy Wheatley's Amazon page.
    https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Guy-B-Wheatley/e/B016KS2L2U
    ETA:
    I don't know why the link is bad, but the URL is correct. Just copy and paste in into your address bar.
    https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Guy-B-Wheatley/e/B016KS2L2U
    Last edited by Bigguy; 11-21-2020 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Rebreather bag on an oxygen mask?
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

User Tag List