Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrangler ATG Shirt--- CCW Fashion Statement

Wrangler ATG Shirt--- CCW Fashion Statement

I picked up a few of these shirts in an effort to update my warm weather cover. IMHO they are very well made, offer some UV protection, look okay and don't scream "JOE TACTICAL"!!!!

Limited color selection on Amazon anyway, but that's life. The "pine plaid" appears blue on my Chromebook but it is indeed a shade of green. Pine's as good a word as any I guess.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B88P5GBB...roduct_details
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    I picked up a few of these shirts in an effort to update my warm weather cover. IMHO they are very well made, offer some UV protection, look okay and don't scream "JOE TACTICAL"!!!!

Limited color selection on Amazon anyway, but that's life. The "pine plaid" appears blue on my Chromebook but it is indeed a shade of green. Pine's as good a word as any I guess.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B88P5GBB...roduct_details
    Those look decent, I wore a much cheaper Wrangler shirt via Walmart for cover for years. Since I got to Texas I started wearing local camouflage in the form of Magellan brand fishing shirts.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Presumptions:

Long Sleeves

Synthetic w some wicking/anti UVA properties

Loadstar set at 39.99 by the Wrangler ATG find on Amazon

Wrangler has been exceeding the intersection of quality/value in this space for a while and has an "advantage" of being sold/widely available online and in store at many Walmart/Target locations.

REI/Moosejaw/Back Country/Academy/Scheels/Dicks etc are all running sales on "winter" stuff as well.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Presumptions:

Long Sleeves

Synthetic w some wicking/anti UVA properties

Loadstar set at 39.99 by the Wrangler ATG find on Amazon

Wrangler has been exceeding the intersection of quality/value in this space for a while and has an "advantage" of being sold/widely available online and in store at many Walmart/Target locations.

REI/Moosejaw/Back Country/Academy/Scheels/Dicks etc are all running sales on "winter" stuff as well.
    It is a long sleeve but has a button and loop arrangement that will keep the sleeves rolled up just past the elbows. I do not like long sleeve shirts but I can live with this arrangement.

I haven't worn this shirt out in truly hot weather yet. It's pretty light fabric but how well it breathes, I dunno.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Since I got to Texas I started wearing local camouflage in the form of Magellan brand fishing shirts.
    Mine are Columbia (thrift store - $5?) and Eddie Bauer (Sam's Club - $15).
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

On the subject of buttons and loops:

Why?

I've never rolled up a long-sleeve shirt and had it spontaneously unroll on me. And the button and loop often, in my experience, result in the sleeves being rolled up either higher or lower than I want.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Untucked Wrangler Wrancher pearl snap shirts from Tractor Supply work quite nicely. Matching them up with a pair of Cowboy Cut jeans and shit kickers works well as rural camo in my part of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Untucked Wrangler Wrancher pearl snap shirts from Tractor Supply work quite nicely. Matching them up with a pair of Cowboy Cut jeans and shit kickers works well as rural camo in my part of Texas.
    And when it gets hot, you can just cut the sleeves off.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    On the subject of buttons and loops:

Why?

I've never rolled up a long-sleeve shirt and had it spontaneously unroll on me. And the button and loop often, in my experience, result in the sleeves being rolled up either higher or lower than I want.
    They always fall for me. This winter I picked up a couple of Magellan long sleeve fishing shirts that have the tab, and I like how they work. But the majority of the time I wear short sleeves, even in what passes for winter down here.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    I’ll have to check those out.
    Ken

User Tag List