Thread: Cheap inflatable hot tubs - good to go!

Cheap inflatable hot tubs - good to go!

I bought this Coleman on a whim two years ago. It's been rock solid and a huge help with pain relief. It's tipped me over into a real hot tub for my new house. It does not heat the incoming air when you turn on the bubbles, so the bubbles cools it down, but for less than $600, you can have working hot tub that is enjoyable.

The only maintenance you need to do is change out the filter and for chemicals (in my case), I just make sure there's chlorine in the system. I'd recommend the square model if I was doing it over again. Add extra filters (about one every 4-6 days), float dispenser, and chlorine.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Do they have seats or do you just sit on the bottom?

Site Supporter
    Legend has it that an older model of one of these was cleverly hidden in a toughbox, and packed into a Tricon full of tents destined for NTC Ft Irwin for a month-plus training cycle out there in a Jan-Feb timeframe

Said Coleman hot tub was allegedly set up inside an old GP Medium tent in between a couple of TQG generators, which masked the sound of the hot tub. It was discovered also that the 10A convenience outlet on the smaller 3k generator doesn't quite have enough juice to run it, it was necessary to cut up an extension cord and hardwire it to the generator output posts. But it ran the entire NTC cycle without a hitch, though field hygiene requirements meant a liberal amount of clorox was added to the water. It was difficult to fill it without drawing attention. Legend says, those same smart E4's borrowed some lengths of water hose from a cooking unit's dishwashing equipment, and used those hoses to fill it from a water buffalo trailer after dark.

Allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Do they have seats or do you just sit on the bottom?
    You can just sit on the bottom, but waterproof bath cushions work nicely if you've got it set up on a hard surface. Laying down a tarp and/or blanket underneath it will help with heat loss and also reduce the risk of poking a hole in it.

User Tag List