Page 2835 of 3539 FirstFirst ... 18352335273527852825283328342835283628372845288529353335 ... LastLast
Results 28,341 to 28,350 of 35389

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by Cacafuego View Post
    Where's the grass option?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Read a book, Fuzz by M. Roach. About policing animals - very interesting. She mentions that scarecrows scare crows about a week and then they ignore them. Even worse, some learn that scarecrows indicate a good food source and start attracting them to fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post

And with that, back to memes: Name:  0D7520C8-6346-4B72-BDE4-151E04E343D3.jpeg
Views: 829
Size:  36.8 KB

@GyroF-16 knows where this story is going.

In the USAF fighter world, we have to wear cold water exposure suits under our flight gear when we fly over water less than 60 degrees. If you eject, the suit allows you to stay alive long enough to get into your one-man raft, and maybe survive to rescue. When I was at Misawa in northern Japan for 3 years, we flew over water to train almost exclusively, and had to wear poopy-suits (what we called them) 8 months out of the year. That shit got old, and the suits quite smelly. The wrist cuffs and neck seals on these older-style rubberized fabric suits were very tight latex rubber, and the suits have glued-on booties that go inside your flight boots. You strip, don nomex long underwear, don the poopy-suit, re-don your flight suit, add a survival vest, g-suit, and ejection harness with inflatable horse-collar flotation vest. It was about 60 lbs of gear, and a pain-in-the-ass.

When you don the suit and gear, you have to burp the excess air out of the suit, do squats to compress the suit, and release the burped air from the neck and wrist seals. This leads to the great game. If you fart in your suit (and you will), it is not going anywhere. In fact, with a little skill, you can be standing at the ops desk, waiting for some person to finish giving your flight its final weather/updates before you step to the jets, and aim that pickled fart out the cuff of your sleeve into your friend’s/wingman’s nose. Good times. Payback is a bitch.

That is EXACTLY what came to mind when I saw that picture.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

In the USAF fighter world, we have to wear cold water exposure suits under our flight gear when we fly over water less than 60 degrees. If you eject, the suit allows you to stay alive long enough to get into your one-man raft, and maybe survive to rescue. When I was at Misawa in northern Japan for 3 years, we flew over water to train almost exclusively, and had to wear poopy-suits (what we called them) 8 months out of the year. That shit got old, and the suits quite smelly. The wrist cuffs and neck seals on these older-style rubberized fabric suits were very tight latex rubber, and the suits have glued-on booties that go inside your flight boots. You strip, don nomex long underwear, don the poopy-suit, re-don your flight suit, add a survival vest, g-suit, and ejection harness with inflatable horse-collar flotation vest. It was about 60 lbs of gear, and a pain-in-the-ass.

When you don the suit and gear, you have to burp the excess air out of the suit, do squats to compress the suit, and release the burped air from the neck and wrist seals. This leads to the great game. If you fart in your suit (and you will), it is not going anywhere. In fact, with a little skill, you can be standing at the ops desk, waiting for some person to finish giving your flight its final weather/updates before you step to the jets, and aim that pickled fart out the cuff of your sleeve into your friend’s/wingman’s nose. Good times. Payback is a bitch.

The things I learn on this forum...

Chris

Site Supporter
    Name:  276156809_801721207460634_6478523735396931723_n-X2.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  30.8 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

If you have ever seen the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode "The Star Fighters*", and you should if you want to see Mike & the bots run out of jokes about refueling, they get a LOT of mileage out of making poopy suit jokes.

*Basically an early 60's Lockheed feature length infomercial for the F-104 trying to be a dramatic film, and failing hard. Features refueling, Bob Dornan, refueling, landing, smooth jazz, more refueling, and comic relief that crashes harder than a napalm canister. And refueling.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    The things I learn on this forum...

Chris
    that airmen are sick sadistic assholes, and we're jealous?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    If you have ever seen the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode "The Star Fighters*", and you should if you want to see Mike & the bots run out of jokes about refueling, they get a LOT of mileage out of making poopy suit jokes.

*Basically an early 60's Lockheed feature length infomercial for the F-104 trying to be a dramatic film, and failing hard. Features refueling, Bob Dornan, refueling, landing, smooth jazz, more refueling, and comic relief that crashes harder than a napalm canister. And refueling.

6:25

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post

So - like a navy F-18 squadron’s “cruise video”, but substitute “landing on the boat” for “refueling”.
    Occasional weapons employment, lots of “got the 3 wire”.

User Tag List