Page 2463 of 3533 FirstFirst ... 146319632363241324532461246224632464246524732513256329633463 ... LastLast
Results 24,621 to 24,630 of 35330

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Attachment 73923

Happy 4th of July, hillbillies who'll never learn to use chopsticks now!
    I seldom wish people ill, but I am hoping some of my neighbors will have to learn to pick their nose with another digit today. It sounded like a war zone last night. Not sure what it is around here, but everyone thinks they have to put on their own fireworks display right in the middle of a subdivision. I hate them.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    I seldom wish people ill, but I am hoping some of my neighbors will have to learn to pick their nose with another digit today. It sounded like a war zone last night. Not sure what it is around here, but everyone thinks they have to put on their own fireworks display right in the middle of a subdivision. I hate them.
    why do you hate freedom, bro?

For a state where anything bigger than a sparkler is illegal, it did seem like all of my neighbors had some sizable fireworks this year. For how much shooting I do that they tolerate, I am not complaining.

So you're saying there's a chance?

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Many years ago I lived in suburbia. Every 4th all of the neighbors would have a party in the cul-de-sac and light the neighborhood up with rockets and mortors. I didn't complain but it was a PIA to put a ladder up so I could keep my dried out cedar shake roof from catching on fire. Eventually the neighborhood was incorporated into the nearby town and they made fireworks illegal. Personally I'm not sure why they still allow private firework sales around here as they seem to set a lot of things on fire. Forest and brush fires in residental areas are no joke.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    Except for the people that got blown up.
    All these funny stories are probably funny only because the occurred before the widespread availability of Tannerite.

Name:  61FE91E7-F0A8-4769-B5C5-46F68D801B92.jpeg
Views: 1033
Size:  59.7 KB
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Many years ago I lived in suburbia. Every 4th all of the neighbors would have a party in the cul-de-sac and light the neighborhood up with rockets and mortors. I didn't complain but it was a PIA to put a ladder up so I could keep my dried out cedar shake roof from catching on fire. Eventually the neighborhood was incorporated into the nearby town and they made fireworks illegal. Personally I'm not sure why they still allow private firework sales around here as they seem to set a lot of things on fire. Forest and brush fires in residental areas are no joke.
    There isn't much left in AZ that hasn't burnt up in the past five years, or that is not currently burning.

Yet pop-up firework sales tents are more abundant than people of color in television commercials in every strip mall parking lot here in the greater Phoenix area from about mid-June until mid-July.

Use of fireworks that are launched into the air are prohibited for use, but not for sale in the county and suburb where I reside.

But we have a system here . . . . . people buy as many kinds of fireworks as they can afford (or not), of every type, including those that are launched skyward. And they set them off for about six hours every evening for about a week, beginning three days before the holiday being celebrated, and lasting for three more days after the holiday.

The show starts each day about two hours before it gets dark, and typically lasts until well after midnight. Just to keep things interesting, some folks launch 10-15 minute "mini-shows" four or five times each day (sometimes as early as 9 AM) during the glorious week.

And there has never, to my knowledge, been even the slightest effort tell folks to scale it the fuck back a little before we burn the whole goddamn state to the ground.

I've never done any research on it, but I suspect at least 75% of the folks purchasing and using these fireworks are the same ones who line their kids up for free school lunches (year-round), are late on their mortgage and utility payments every month, rage against industry for air pollution, and would be challenged to tell me what they are celebrating on the given holiday. (Beyond an opportunity to take a day off work and get drunk, that is). But they can damn sure pay for the fireworks.

I don't know . . . . maybe the vendors in the firework tents accept payments. There may be a money making opportunity for someone to float loans to these geniuses so they could get a package deal and finance both their fireworks and their tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Oh Vera!

User Tag List