Page 3206 of 3543 FirstFirst ... 2206270631063156319632043205320632073208321632563306 ... LastLast
Results 32,051 to 32,060 of 35424

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by NWshooter View Post
    And another thing, keep the group spread out length wise as we run stop signs.

I don't remember where I saw it, but there was a safety study, I think out of Colorado, where they determined that group rides that take full possession of the lane like that are statistically safer than single file.
    Has to do with people driving cars being stupid and thinking there's enough room to "squeeze" by instead of waiting to make a proper pass on "slower moving traffic."
    Think of it this way: if it was a tractor or amish, would you behave like a raging cager?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I came close to killing a bunch of those assholes many years ago.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I think we would all support you trying again, and doing better this time.

Yippee ki-yay

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I’ll help post your bail
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Name:  1A4F4B88-F750-4C9A-99DA-E5B9F7E5394A.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  50.0 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I don't remember where I saw it, but there was a safety study, I think out of Colorado, where they determined that group rides that take full possession of the lane like that are statistically safer than single file.
    Has to do with people driving cars being stupid and thinking there's enough room to "squeeze" by instead of waiting to make a proper pass on "slower moving traffic."
    Think of it this way: if it was a tractor or amish, would you behave like a raging cager?
    I first became familiar with the concept via police bike school. It's from the book 'Effective Cycling' (IIRC). Some folks get right obstinate about it. Me, I always thought, 'hmm, I may be right, but if some car hits me as I'm riding in the middle of this lane, Ima still goin be dead.'

As far as the Tractor Amish, not a fair question, most folks that live around them already have a bias.

Fun fact, I live near, and often drive and ride along a portion of the TransAmerica Bike Trail. In my area the trail cuts away from several highways with improved shoulders and crosses three or four counties via narrow county blacktops with no shoulders and killer ditches. Traffic speed on these roads varies from the legal 55 (rare) to barely subsonic. The road across my county is kind of undulating and there are numerous spots where someone could come upon a bicyclist in a low area without much warning. I'm surprised there aren't folks killed every year.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    For any other weather nerds, or just folks who live in tornado prone areas and know stuff: there’s a joke somewhere here about not knowing a tornado if it hit you in the ass with a bass fiddle
    https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1638665211422081024

Meanwhile the “unconfirmed” Tornado video posted at 3:00pm Cali time

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1638631828482322432

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Absolutely!

The Amish don’t pick up after their horse, so more so.

User Tag List