Page 3257 of 3539 FirstFirst ... 2257275731573207324732553256325732583259326733073357 ... LastLast
Results 32,561 to 32,570 of 35388

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Obviously new to dogs.

Name:  IMG_1311.jpeg
Views: 1675
Size:  58.2 KB
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    True story:

I lived in Portsmouth England in the 90s, the site of the famous Royal Dockyard. Featured on the tour of the Royal Navy's incredible heritage is Nelson's Flagship at the battle Trafalgar in 1805, HMS Victory. She is still much as she was in her prime, more than 200 years later.

I was taking some American friends on the tour of the ship, which starts out with a sailor in period garb describing daily life in the age of wooden ships and iron men. We were all sitting on benches, in the arrival area just on board after the gangway, all ages, school kids, parents, tourists etc.

Anyway, he got to the part about floggings and how they played a major part in the discipline on board. He described the cat o' nine tails, and the origin of the old saying, "let the cat out of the bag", referring to the red baize bag the cat was stored in by the Master at Arms.

With perfect timing, that only happens to me infrequently, I raised my hand, and in my best innocent American voice, asked, "Do they sell these in the gift shop"?

There was a short silence, with a look of horror crossing the face of every child there. Parents grinned. It was awesome.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    True story:

I lived in Portsmouth England in the 90s, the site of the famous Royal Dockyard. Featured on the tour of the Royal Navy's incredible heritage is Nelson's Flagship at the battle Trafalgar in 1805, HMS Victory. She is still much as she was in her prime, more than 200 years later.

I was taking some American friends on the tour of the ship, which starts out with a sailor in period garb describing daily life in the age of wooden ships and iron men. We were all sitting on benches, in the arrival area just on board after the gangway, all ages, school kids, parents, tourists etc.

Anyway, he got to the part about floggings and how they played a major part in the discipline on board. He described the cat o' nine tails, and the origin of the old saying, "let the cat out of the bag", referring to the red baize bag the cat was stored in by the Master at Arms.

With perfect timing, that only happens to me infrequently, I raised my hand, and in my best innocent American voice, asked, "Do they sell these in the gift shop"?

There was a short silence, with a look of horror crossing the face of every child there. Parents grinned. It was awesome.
    That reminds me …(checks to make sure we are in a non-serous thread)..,,
    About 30 years ago I was doing some fairly high-pressure consulting out at a shared customer located in Leeds with a colleague/friend from our business partner IBM. One evening we decided we needed a mental break, and went to see a movie. The area around the ticket booth was packed with people, so I had to speak up quite loudly. By that time I had lost a lot of my Appalachian drawl so in my typical ‘Murican accent I shouted out “2 tickets to Tombstone!”.
    The entire place erupted with people laughing their asses off.

I’m still not sure why all the Brits found that so hilarious, but it felt kinda good actually [emoji1]

Name:  11363BC4-0017-4D6D-96A8-BB4D09B58150.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  60.9 KB

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I was in the tool section of Home depot a couple days ago I passed by a couple and I heard him say “ Ive already got a short one I need a long one” to which I replied Thats what she said. I though it was funny and perfect timing but when I told my wife about it she had a look of disbelied and said I cant take you anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    True story:

I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Name:  649CC545-F0B2-4A26-B7B0-97BDA222C8CF.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  67.8 KB
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Name:  IMG_0626.jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  55.2 KB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Name:  IMG_0972.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  33.8 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Name:  Almost.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  48.9 KB
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Name:  IMG-20230531-WA0005.jpg
Views: 1194
Size:  59.4 KB
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List