Page 3522 of 3546 FirstFirst ... 25223022342234723512352035213522352335243532 ... LastLast
Results 35,211 to 35,220 of 35452

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    That's also a common social engineering and physical pen testing tactic.

Chris
    Tangential to the topic, but I’ve found that a well-fitted tux is often (not always, but surprisingly often) a ticket to any event requiring one—outside of a close-knit wedding. I’ve used a tux to harvest a free dinner in days past, after seeing folks piling into a restaurant for one formal event or another.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Tangential to the topic, but I’ve found that a well-fitted tux is often (not always, but surprisingly often) a ticket to any event requiring one—outside of a close-knit wedding. I’ve used a tux to harvest a free dinner in days past, after seeing folks piling into a restaurant for one formal event or another.

Very often just looking and acting like you belong is enough for most folks...to the chagrin of security-minded folks everywhere.

Chris

Don't be afraid of the dark.

Btw, this sign is apparently real.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_0490.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  40.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    There was a Michael Keeton movie where his character said you could do whatever you want, as long as you were carrying a clipboard!
    I have made use of the coffee cup and clipboard tactic to avoid the dog and pony shows associated with higher management visiting our facility...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_0450.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  30.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I have made use of the coffee cup and clipboard tactic to avoid the dog and pony shows associated with higher management visiting our facility...
    I used to work at a printed circuit board factory (long enough ago it was in this country...) and visits to the break room were strictly limited (second shift, maybe got going too late to get a proper lunch, being young and dumb), but you could move about freely if you carried one of the job document packets and looked like you were looking for the next batch to process.

Only got busted once!

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Very often just looking and acting like you belong is enough for most folks...to the chagrin of security-minded folks everywhere.
    The difficulty of getting an ad-agency job is legendary.

I went to Catholic school so I’m basically Rain Man with spelling and punctuation. After I got out of the Army, I stumbled into a one-week run as a freelance proofreader at a huge holding-company agency in my town. This agency had just bought another smaller agency to get a single account, the US branch of a global cell carrier. Then they laid off 80% of the old staff and replaced them with hotshot young freelancers from all over the world. Some lasted a few days, others a few months, but the turnover was so high that you never knew who was going to show up for any meeting.

This place was crawling with gorgeous young women and I could hear laughter everywhere, so I said, “This is the place.”

I also knew that I didn’t have long to make it permanent.

Security was non-existent, and most people got to work about 10:00 AM and worked until 7:00 or 8:00 PM. The Monday morning after my freelance run ended, I went back in at 8:00 AM and fished some papers out of a recycling bin. I found an unused office that was set up so nobody could look over my shoulder and see that I was doing nothing.

I waved to the receptionist on my way in and out. I ate lunch in the lunchroom. Every few hours, I walked around the office holding my papers and eavesdropping until I learned the date and time of a meeting that would force a major change in the account that I had been supporting. I just happened to be standing outside the conference room when that meeting ended. The woman who had been my boss walked out of the room and seemed surprised to see me.

“You’re a freelancer. What are you doing here?”

“I’m handling some paperwork.” Not a lie, exactly—I did have papers in my hands.

“OK. Be here Monday. We’re going to need you for a while.”

I turned that into five years with them and a career that has lasted 22 years so far.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Security was non-existent, and most people got to work about 10:00 AM and worked until 7:00 or 8:00 PM. The Monday morning after my freelance run ended, I went back in at 8:00 AM and fished some papers out of a recycling bin. I found an unused office that was set up so nobody could look over my shoulder and see that I was doing nothing.

I waved to the receptionist on my way in and out. I ate lunch in the lunchroom. Every few hours, I walked around the office holding my papers and eavesdropping until I learned the date and time of a meeting that would force a major change in the account that I had been supporting. I just happened to be standing outside the conference room when that meeting ended. The woman who had been my boss walked out of the room and seemed surprised to see me.

“You’re a freelancer. What are you doing here?”

“I’m handling some paperwork.”

Okie John
    Soooo, you're basically Cosmo Kramer.... (except he got "fired").
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Soooo, you're basically Cosmo Kramer.... (except he got "fired").
    Are you saying he's...The Ass Man!?!

Chris

User Tag List