Page 2320 of 3539 FirstFirst ... 132018202220227023102318231923202321232223302370242028203320 ... LastLast
Results 23,191 to 23,200 of 35389

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    CT locations always pop up when we use the CDC vax scheduling tool, and usually with fairly short term dates. Here’s hoping you can get yours soon.
    Thanks; I had my first shot last week.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Name:  Arugula lettuce lawn.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  75.6 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    downtown Bayonne
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhioeOeOHsA

I made a deal with my dad, if I cut our grass I could use the mower to cut grass and make money. Pretty good negotiating on my part, since I knew damn well he was gonna make me cut the grass anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I made a deal with my dad, if I cut our grass I could use the mower to cut grass and make money. Pretty good negotiating on my part, since I knew damn well he was gonna make me cut the grass anyway...
    And on his part, since it exponentially reduced the amount of teenage bullshit he had to endure while making you cut the grass.

Mine had a similar approach.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    This one?

Skills, brains (both having or lack there of), sheer willpower, and of course tires, can make any vehicle do amazing things.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I made a deal with my dad, if I cut our grass I could use the mower to cut grass and make money.
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Mine had a similar approach.
    Even at a young age, I had a strong work ethic, or maybe perhaps I was just materialistic, or greedy, but never mind all that shit, early on I started taking jobs.

There were these weekly shopping coupon tabloids that I would trudge along and deliver like one hundred and fifteen of, for like maybe $3.15. This was when I was young enough to be dumb enough to deliver a newspaper, that I had to carry when walking, for less than three cents. Pretty sure this would be illegal for several good reasons now, and I hated it every week, but was still sad when I decided to quit, I felt like I was a quitter.

But then I was old enough (there were standards, even back then...) to deliver the DAILY newspapers. Probably still only made three cents but with it 7/365 we made up for it in volume. Trouble is, it had to be done everyday at the same time (except Sunday, ya got to get up before dawn on Sunday...), and I hated that hanging over me 7/365.

But my delivery route was on the main street of our suburb, the older part of town where older people lived, and in the spring when I turned fifteen (when sixteen I would be able to get a job doing things official, like busing tables...) I quit the newspaper business after I had lined up all of my elderly newspaper customers who needed their grass cut. That was probably the first time I ever had a job I liked, making a buttload more money than I did covering the same street seven days a week. Though part of Dad's deal was that I maintain the mower, and dragging it 1.5mi to where the mowing started, backwards riding my bicycle with my left hand and pulling the mower backwards with my right hand (probably now illegal for a lotta good reasons...) wore out the tires I had to buy, but I was still way ahead and didn't have to work in the rain, like with the newspapers.

Site Supporter
    Even at a young age, I had a strong work ethic, or maybe perhaps I was just materialistic, or greedy, but never mind all that shit, early on I started taking jobs.

There were these weekly shopping coupon tabloids that I would trudge along and deliver like one hundred and fifteen of, for like maybe $3.15. This was when I was young enough to be dumb enough to deliver a newspaper, that I had to carry when walking, for less than three cents. Pretty sure this would be illegal for several good reasons now, and I hated it every week, but was still sad when I decided to quit, I felt like I was a quitter.

But then I was old enough (there were standards, even back then...) to deliver the DAILY newspapers. Probably still only made three cents but with it 7/365 we made up for it in volume. Trouble is, it had to be done everyday at the same time (except Sunday, ya got to get up before dawn on Sunday...), and I hated that hanging over me 7/365.

But my delivery route was on the main street of our suburb, the older part of town where older people lived, and in the spring when I turned fifteen (when sixteen I would be able to get a job doing things official, like busing tables...) I quit the newspaper business after I had lined up all of my elderly newspaper customers who needed their grass cut. That was probably the first time I ever had a job I liked, making a buttload more money than I did covering the same street seven days a week. Though part of Dad's deal was that I maintain the mower, and dragging it 1.5mi to where the mowing started, backwards riding my bicycle with my left hand and pulling the mower backwards with my right hand (probably now illegal for a lotta good reasons...) wore out the tires I had to buy, but I was still way ahead and didn't have to work in the rain, like with the newspapers.
    We have lived identical youth work lives. Even including dragging the mower behind the bike. Although, I did have a big wagon for pushing the Pennysaver deliveries.

ETA:
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Aaaand that was what passed for a “shivworks” logo t-shirt when Craig was a kid.

#fact
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List