Page 2489 of 3541 FirstFirst ... 148919892389243924792487248824892490249124992539258929893489 ... LastLast
Results 24,881 to 24,890 of 35405

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Throwing the bullshit flag on this one!
    You* have about 7.7 pounds in your 7 mag combat load, not counting pouches, etc.
    Joe Boomer has 5.3 pounds in his eighty round bandoleer. He only needs 80 rounds because his cartridge goes through people, ensuring more bang per bullet.
    Add the 5.3 pounds to the weight of the M1 Garand and you have a total of 14.8 pounds.
    Add the 7.7 pounds to the weight of the M4 and you have 14.3 pounds sans optic.
    So, since it is well known that Boomers spend their mornings and early afternoons power-walking around the mall it looks like your point would be moot without a rational discussion of weight.
    Plus, there is talk about taking back the infantryman's half-klick, screw that, the Boomer operates at a full klick.
    * Notice how I left out (You) and whatever godforsaken sniveling generation you represent. That is because I am trying to become more of a friend to all.
    The Garand is granddad's. The Boomer is the guy toting the M1A
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    You know I could easily rebut this, but not going to play the gotcha game.

Not going to mention that given how long it has taken you to get to and from PNG in the past, any Boomers CVA'ed would be back on the lines by the time Joe showed up. Nope, not going to mention that. Somebody has to be the peacemaker.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    You know I could easily rebut this, but not going to play the gotcha game.

Not going to mention that given how long it has taken you to get to and from PNG in the past, any Boomers CVA'ed would be back on the lines by the time Joe showed up. Nope, not going to mention that. Somebody has to be the peacemaker.
    Nah, I'll be busy replaying Kokoda to get a chance to return.

ETA: because this is the internet, I must disclaim that my comments are in the same good natured vein of sarcastically poking fun at a particular archetype of gunshop counter commando.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Then there's all the old boomers who collapsed & died of a heart attack trying to lug their 7.62 battle rifles & ammo to the scene of the battle.
    And put in 5 extra miles looking for the shooting bench.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

That'd be me.
    I don't need no teenage queen, I just want my M14.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Howsabout a repost of an an oldie but goodie for our revolver newbies?

Name:  4664D638-E72C-44D0-8EA8-A5687CA26BE9.jpeg
Views: 709
Size:  57.7 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    STOP in the name of...all that is holy.

Before I break your heart?

Think it over. Haven't I been good to you?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List