Page 3218 of 3542 FirstFirst ... 2218271831183168320832163217321832193220322832683318 ... LastLast
Results 32,171 to 32,180 of 35416

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I think it has to do with gender equality.

I guess feral cats have less value, they get a notched ear when they are rendered safe.

I think I see a cause emerging......
    Snipping the ear takes a lot less time. And where are you going to tattoo a cat? They're not going to let you look inside their lips in the way dogs might. Especially if they're feral. Also, "trap and release" is not a thing with dogs.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Name:  IMG_0464.jpeg
Views: 1131
Size:  35.6 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Snipping the ear takes a lot less time. And where are you going to tattoo a cat? They're not going to let you look inside their lips in the way dogs might. Especially if they're feral. Also, "trap and release" is not a thing with dogs.
    The reason cats have their ear snipped is to identify cats that have been through the TNR (Trap Neuter Release) program. Cats that have been through TNR and released, which means they cannot tolerate the presence of humans and are unsuitable for adoption. There are exceptions, of course.

The idea behind TNR is that when all cats in a colony are neutered or spayed, the colony will eventually disappear as the cats die. It's not perfect because cats breed faster than they can be TNRd but so far, it's the most effective program we have.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

I think if you trap kittens at a young age they can be domesticated. At least that's what my local animal shelter told me. I trapped one and she eventually became someone pet. Otherwise they end up as coyote fodder around here.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I think if you trap kittens at a young age they can be domesticated. At least that's what my local animal shelter told me. I trapped one and she eventually became someone pet. Otherwise they end up as coyote fodder around here.
    My first two cats were feral kittens. They were terrific pets.

Life be like this sometimes.

Name:  7F127098-8B63-47B1-940C-C674AF45FA26.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  37.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Life be like this sometimes.

Name:  7F127098-8B63-47B1-940C-C674AF45FA26.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  37.4 KB
    My ducks are out in my yard.

They show up for a few days in the spring, hang out part time, eat the bird seed, poop all over the patio, then go wherever they go for the rest of the year.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Mine are in the freezer awaiting a spicy brine bath and a long, smokey sauna. 😉

Site Supporter
    Name:  7fxhz0.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  49.8 KB

Yeah, I've been sitting on this one for a while. . .

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Name:  7fxhz0.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  49.8 KB

Yeah, I've been sitting on this one for a while. . .
    Oh, hell yes.

PS.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List