Page 1932 of 3532 FirstFirst ... 93214321832188219221930193119321933193419421982203224322932 ... LastLast
Results 19,311 to 19,320 of 35320

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Sharp thinking.
    I try to be on point.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

"... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnny View Post
    How the Norwegian police should be:

Images from the Norwegian series Beforeigners
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    The Redskins should use this to assist in their renaming.

Name:  open carry.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  50.3 KB

Name:  hornet.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  42.4 KB
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post

I might need to see this series. Just saying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beforeigners

Lars is put in charge of the investigation. He is partnered with a first-day cop, Alfhildr Enginnsdottir, a Viking-era "farmer's wife" from the 11th century. She is the first police officer with a "multi-temporal background", but is shunned as a Public Relations stunt and "B4 mascot." She uses moss for sanitary napkins.

That is just about perfect. In.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post

It's on HBO and I actually caught it. I thought it was pretty good. A novel concept. I liked the "temporal" ghettos. And I loved the "Trans-temporals." People who were born in the 20th and 21st century but "felt" like they should have come from another time. Then there was the rich caveman. Some ol gal married him and wrote a bestseller called, "The Caveman's Wife."
    There was just a lot of clever stuff that backhandedly poked fun at modern progressive society.

ETA: And how could I forget Cro Magnon Security. A security company that uses cavemen as guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    It's on HBO and I actually caught it. I thought it was pretty good. A novel concept. I liked the "temporal" ghettos. And I loved the "Trans-temporals." People who were born in the 20th and 21st century but "felt" like they should have come from another time. Then there was the rich caveman. Some ol gal married him and wrote a bestseller called, "The Caveman's Wife."
    There was just a lot of clever stuff that backhandedly poked fun at modern progressive society.

ETA: And how could I forget Cro Magnon Security. A security company that uses cavemen as guards.
    We found it fun, there are quite a few mysteries to still resolve (maybe one can travel back and forth through time?) and are hoping there's a second season.

Name:  C6371FDC-4A95-4CD9-A6C8-ADF269821857.jpeg
Views: 1313
Size:  57.0 KB
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I might need to see this series. Just saying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beforeigners

Lars is put in charge of the investigation. He is partnered with a first-day cop, Alfhildr Enginnsdottir, a Viking-era "farmer's wife" from the 11th century. She is the first police officer with a "multi-temporal background", but is shunned as a Public Relations stunt and "B4 mascot." She uses moss for sanitary napkins.

That is just about perfect. In.
    And in the first episode, where Alfhildr is, for the first half, this confused PR mascot, the second half sees her dishing out proper violence shield maiden style.

It's part of HBO Europe set of shows and if one had DirectV, it can be downloaded after putting the name of the show in the 'Search' part of the menu. Another show HBO Europe has is The Pact; it's a complex, darker piece dealing with corruption in Poland. We aren't done with it, but it's been interesting so far.

Anyway, Beforeigners is fun and worth a look.

User Tag List