Page 1645 of 3530 FirstFirst ... 64511451545159516351643164416451646164716551695174521452645 ... LastLast
Results 16,441 to 16,450 of 35293

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    We all the wires white Teflon insulated?

When I was a kid, one of the medics who worked with my mom talked about his former life of rewiring British cars with AC Delco parts. Seemed reasonable to me even then.

I'd talk about the tools, connector kits and spools of wire in my garage, but I don't want @RevolverRob to figure out where I live and show up with a Sunbeam one day...
    I honestly don't recall the Teflon part. I remember that some were white, some were black, and some were green. The thing that impressed me the most was that it was so neatly tied with zip-ties. Those guys really took a lot of care and pride in their work. Like all A&P folks, they knew lives depended on their work. The harness also had what were probably copper disk thigies that terminated each wire. Even those were very uniformly cut and crimped.

As a lowly enlisted swine who spent a lot of time at a hundred knots high above earth and water, I respected and valued that kind of precision and care. The units I served in lost a lot of guys to helo crashes over the years. Good work was therefore appreciated.

Get a room, you fancy Euro-car homos!

Unless you got memes.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I honestly don't recall the Teflon part. I remember that some were white, some were black, and some were green. The thing that impressed me the most was that it was so neatly tied with zip-ties. Those guys really took a lot of care and pride in their work. Like all A&P folks, they knew lives depended on their work. The harness also had what were probably copper disk thigies that terminated each wire. Even those were very uniformly cut and crimped.

As a lowly enlisted swine who spent a lot of time at a hundred knots high above earth and water, I respected and valued that kind of precision and care. The units I served in lost a lot of guys to helo crashes over the years. Good work was therefore appreciated.
    Yeah, I've seen a six-figure race program quietly disappear due to someone using the wrong-thread-pitch $1.87 fitting. (Pro tip: most Japanese manufacturers use BSP, not NPT. 27 vs 28 threads per inch makes a difference in pipe threads, as in all the other kinds.) No lives at stake on that one (although that's on the table with racing), but it's one more step along the road of how I got to be this way.

And to keep Blues from starting a thread in which people vote whether to ban us, here's a related meme:

Name:  guide to fuses.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  27.8 KB
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Get a room, you fancy Euro-car homos!

Unless you got memes.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

@Tom_Jones
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Brits ain't got nothin' on us... (just down the road a piece...)

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Brits ain't got nothin' on us... (just down the road a piece...)

Holy crow! A biker’s dream...

I trust you walked away from that tosser...
    (I kid, I kid!)

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Meh. This is just the stuff that people with room temp IQs can find in SoCal. Not even close to the best, and there are hundreds/thousands of miles of road. It's why a lot of them put up with the government.

After almost 20 years of living around that, I've decided that my second attempt at owning something sporty in SE TX is just as pointless as the first, and needs to come to an end. We don't even have good desert highways here.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List