Page 1569 of 3526 FirstFirst ... 56910691469151915591567156815691570157115791619166920692569 ... LastLast
Results 15,681 to 15,690 of 35257

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Panda Express has a radio commercial in heavy rotation in my area, advertising their "original Orange Chicken." Pretty much whenever Older Offspring and I hear that commercial, one of us invariably says, "What a ninja got to do around here to get some orange chicken?!?"
    My kid could live on that stuff.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    I'm German and agree. German grammar should be simplified, much in it is complicated and pretty useless.

On the other hand, I prefer the German spelling of words over the English spelling. It is simpler, more like we speak. You use more letters or letter combinations for the same speech sound than we. And although I suppose that there are more English than German words, I feel that yours are more ambiguous than ours. We link short words in order to make new terms, sometimes we overdo it.
    Last edited by P30; 02-21-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    ...sometimes we overdo it.
    Finally.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    I'm German and agree. German grammar should be simplified, much in it is complicated and pretty useless.

On the other hand, I prefer the German spelling of words over the English spelling. It is simpler, more like we speak. You use more letters or letter combinations for the same speech sound than we. And although I suppose that there are more English than German words, I feel that yours are more ambiguous than ours. We link short words in order to make new terms, sometimes we overdo it.
    Read "The Awful German Language" by Mark Twain.

https://emilkirkegaard.dk/en/wp-cont...n-Language.pdf

Or listen: https://archive.org/details/awfulgerman_librivox

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnny View Post
    Name:  FB4D8793-A739-4F91-98ED-FC428F2C4910.jpg
Views: 1056
Size:  40.3 KB

Or Chicago

Life .. fiction .. who can tell

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Proper orthography saves lives.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Unclear on the concept.

Is this the 21st century I was promised?

User Tag List