Page 1435 of 3541 FirstFirst ... 4359351335138514251433143414351436143714451485153519352435 ... LastLast
Results 14,341 to 14,350 of 35405

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

“Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Name:  Plants farming us (MF Run).jpg
Views: 798
Size:  61.2 KB
    Last edited by eaglefrq; 12-17-2019 at 09:42 AM.
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Yes, Im fairly certain Stephanie was never a teenage boy.
    Did you just assume a teenager's gender?
    Name:  1p5yse.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  40.2 KB
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Alternately, one might also have electrified that nail with a lantern battery to set off the Estes D motors, thus ensuring the finned round (which may have also, hypothetically speaking, contained an entire canister of Daisy "Golden" BBs) would fly the 200 yards across the schoolyard and have embedded its payload in a 40" pattern in the handball backstop mounted on the school office wall, where they might still be there to this day over 40 years later. Er, hypothetically.

Or you might build one of the fancier Estes rockets, where you have to carve the fins and canopies and such out of hunks of balsa wood, as opposed to the pre-cut flat fins of the simple kits. You could then paint it and put decals on it and it would look like a real space ship. You could then take it to the park and launch it and watch...in horror...as the thing inexplicably comes flying off the guide rod, transitions to level flight at about 8 feet off the ground, and zooms across the park toward an active softball diamond.

It hit the wire backstop fence, going right through one of the holes in the wire, shredding the fins and stuff off the tube, then it falls to the ground between the pitcher and home plate. It lays there, with everyone wondering WTF that is, for a couple seconds and POP….the ejection charge goes off, popping off the nosecone on its tether and barfing out the parachute on the ground.

There's a certain feeling you get when walking onto the field, ALL eyes on you, to pick up your wrecked rocket.

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    There's a certain feeling you get when walking onto the field, ALL eyes on you, to pick up your wrecked rocket.
    I probably would have written rocket off as a total loss, declared victory, and gone home rather than making that particular walk of shame.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefrq View Post
    Name:  Plants farming us (MF Run).jpg
Views: 798
Size:  61.2 KB
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...uBh3U_&ampcf=1

Prescient you are!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, one might have used a shotgun primer inserted into an Estes "D" engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Alternately, one might also have electrified that nail with a lantern battery to set off the Estes D motors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Or you might build one of the fancier Estes rockets, … You could then paint it and put decals on it and it would look like a real space ship. You could then … watch...in horror...as the thing inexplicably comes flying off the guide rod, transitions to level flight at about 8 feet off the ground, and zooms across the park toward an active softball diamond.
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I probably would have written rocket off as a total loss, declared victory, and gone home
    We never had enough fresh batteries so we just used a perfectly good extension cord my friend Joe cut off and put a couple of alligator clips on. You had to know my friend Joe. Pretty sure he is still alive, but he hasn't posted on FB in quite a while...

And none of ours ever ended up getting painted since all of the ones we painted were obviously jinxed since they were lost on the first launch. A closer analysis might have shown that almost every single one was lost on the first launch. And I am certain we had a 100% loss ratio, since we pretty much launched them until we lost them (seems we were always overly optimistic when we bought so many engines..). Some of this could have been because we launched them not in a field the size found commonly in Kansas as pictured in the catalog, but in a suburban front yard next to a busy street in Ohio. And typically not on the Estes provided straight rod that we never could find, but on a clothes hanger (they were metal back then...) that we bent (pretty) straight and shoved into the yard.

We had several losses from ignoring the engine power recommendations. If it survived one flight with the A engine, well lets just say we had a lotta left over A engines. But my favorite was the triple stage we built, we even got our dads to watch that launch and about five or six of us watched it intently until it just flat flew up and out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    A young person might have tried making a fuse for a pyrotechnic device by sprinkling gunpowder down a strip of masking tape, and have been very surprised to learn that it burns *much* faster than it does in the cartoons.......

I might know of someone who conclusively proved it's impossible to ignite a pile of gunpowder with a match without burning my hand. Said person might have tried it several different ways with the same result each time.

User Tag List