Page 1434 of 3538 FirstFirst ... 4349341334138414241432143314341435143614441484153419342434 ... LastLast
Results 14,331 to 14,340 of 35376

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    We tried making a bazooka launcher out of Estes rocket engines and a piece of pipe, but they weren't stable in flight.

Hypothetically speaking, one might have used a shotgun primer inserted into an Estes "D" engine. Then put a wooden block with a carefully inserted nail into the bottom of the pipe to operate like a mortar. A sand-filled Pepsi bottle could suffix as the holder for the aforementioned engine.

That way the engine would not fly way off over a hill and nearly catch a hay barn on fire.

Which would have been a Very Bad Thing, if someone had been caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    It still amazes me that my brother and I lived through our childhood.
    I'm convinced if you can't look back on your childhood and go "holy shit!" towards the things you've done, you didn't have a good childhood.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I'm convinced if you can't look back on your childhood and go "holy shit!" towards the things you've done, you didn't have a good childhood.
    For me insert "Light Infantry LT" for "child". Some really fun days back in the early 80s back at Planet Ord, California.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Helmets were unheard of. X-rays not so much.
    If only they had airline miles available back then for ER visits, my parents could have had a nice vacation on my brother, alone.

Same thing for him with his second kid...
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Moar memes!

Name:  wwi.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  56.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, one might have used a shotgun primer inserted into an Estes "D" engine. Then put a wooden block with a carefully inserted nail into the bottom of the pipe to operate like a mortar. A sand-filled Pepsi bottle could suffix as the holder for the aforementioned engine.

That way the engine would not fly way off over a hill and nearly catch a hay barn on fire.

Which would have been a Very Bad Thing, if someone had been caught.
    Alternately, one might also have electrified that nail with a lantern battery to set off the Estes D motors, thus ensuring the finned round (which may have also, hypothetically speaking, contained an entire canister of Daisy "Golden" BBs) would fly the 200 yards across the schoolyard and have embedded its payload in a 40" pattern in the handball backstop mounted on the school office wall, where they might still be there to this day over 40 years later. Er, hypothetically.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 12-16-2019 at 09:53 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Alternately, one might also have electrified that nail with a lantern battery to set off the Estes D motors, thus ensuring the finned round (which may have also, hypothetically speaking, contained an entire canister of Daisy "Golden" BBs) would fly the 200 yards across the schoolyard and have embedded its payload in a 40" pattern in the handball backstop mounted on the school office wall, where they might still be there to this day over 40 years later. Er, hypothetically.
    I bet we sat in the same high school chemistry class.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    You were obviously never a teenage boy....
    Yes, Im fairly certain Stephanie was never a teenage boy.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

A young person might have tried making a fuse for a pyrotechnic device by sprinkling gunpowder down a strip of masking tape, and have been very surprised to learn that it burns *much* faster than it does in the cartoons.......

User Tag List