Page 1644 of 3529 FirstFirst ... 64411441544159416341642164316441645164616541694174421442644 ... LastLast
Results 16,431 to 16,440 of 35287

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

The comments about British automotive electrical systems made me remember this.

My company Gunny had a neat old MGB that he loved to tinker with. A couple of us who enjoyed cars would go over to where his family lived in base housing. We'd spend Sundays wrenching on it. He'd grill burgers for us, or his wife (from southern Alabama) would make fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy. After all the work was done, we'd sit in the backyard and polish off a couple of Stroh's.

We found doors, side mirrors and a bunch of other items in salvage yards all over Southern California. But the weak link was always the stupid wiring, that would short out and burn stuff up.

Our Gunny managed to actually track down a copy of the factory wiring system documents. We rode down to Tustin, where the Marine Corps had a helicopter base at the time. Two cases of liquor and three cases of beer later, we had a beautifully-made wiring harness for the MGB. Imagine three airframe mechanics building you a custom wiring harness with extremely high-quality parts, and then "loaning" you some test equipment to make sure you installed it correctly.

We installed it, and that car fired up and ran like a spotted-ass ape.

The last bit was hand-sanding down all the fenders and bodywork, and then repainting it in British Racing green. It took a while to scrounge the right colors to mix the green paint. More whiskey and beer were needed for the paintjob. The Motor T shop may have been involved.

Somewhere, I have a picture of the six of us standing next to that car. We fixed it just before we all went on a WestPac. It was beautiful.

That car epitomized the slogan "Ride it like you stole it."

Because we kinda did.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Name:  Trump-apprentice.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  35.6 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Name:  893FC157-214C-448E-8B61-E213E34A2100.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  43.3 KB

...or running back...

There's nothing civil about this war.

This Thread Is Full Of Win
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    neat old MGB
    his wife (from southern Alabama) would make fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy.
    we'd sit in the backyard and polish off a couple of Stroh's.
    Two cases of liquor and three cases of beer later, we had a beautifully-made wiring harness for the MGB. Imagine three airframe mechanics building you a custom wiring harness with extremely high-quality parts, and then "loaning" you some test equipment to make sure you installed it correctly.
    British Racing green

In times of inability to buy a mask this might be your best option:

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Our Gunny managed to actually track down a copy of the factory wiring system documents. We rode down to Tustin, where the Marine Corps had a helicopter base at the time. Two cases of liquor and three cases of beer later, we had a beautifully-made wiring harness for the MGB. Imagine three airframe mechanics building you a custom wiring harness with extremely high-quality parts, and then "loaning" you some test equipment to make sure you installed it correctly.
    We all the wires white Teflon insulated?

When I was a kid, one of the medics who worked with my mom talked about his former life of rewiring British cars with AC Delco parts. Seemed reasonable to me even then.

I'd talk about the tools, connector kits and spools of wire in my garage, but I don't want @RevolverRob to figure out where I live and show up with a Sunbeam one day...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Name:  Screen-Shot-2020-03-24-at-7.25.49-AM.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  67.7 KB
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Name:  CB6AC620-5F8A-4A7D-BA01-B31323D3456B.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  28.4 KB

There's a whole thread for cars. MOAR MEMES!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List