Page 1552 of 3539 FirstFirst ... 55210521452150215421550155115521553155415621602165220522552 ... LastLast
Results 15,511 to 15,520 of 35386

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    It is safer. You have the least visibility when backing so it is better to back into a parking space where things are unlikely to change quickly vs backing into the potential path of distracted people and vehicles.
    Don't get me started about distracted people in parking lots.
    It needs to be an olympic sport, mowing down those idiots.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    It is safer. You have the least visibility when backing so it is better to back into a parking space where things are unlikely to change quickly vs backing into the potential path of distracted people and vehicles.
    ^^This^^

Unless you get a pull through, backing is involved one way or the other. Might as well back into a visible spot, vs. trying to see through vehicles.
    Last edited by CCT125US; 02-13-2020 at 07:50 AM.
    Taking a break from social media.

Not just safer but easier, more maneuvering room.

When in reverse the front end of the car/truck swings widely when you turn, the rear end not so much. Thus when backing into a parking spot, as the rear wheels enter the confined spot, the front tires are still out in the street/lane/whatever where they can move with more freedom. Pulling out is same effect, you can start your turn sooner when leaving.

If I don't back my truck (Tundra) into the spots at the parking deck at my work, if others park on either side of me and behind me (other side of deck), backing out of the spot is near impossible. I can't start turning until the truck's front tires are out of the spot and by that time the rear is coming up to the cars parked behind me.

So easier and safer.

cc

Name:  13_1.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  32.1 KB
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    1. Pull through.
    2. Back in.

MEMES

Name:  backing-up_o_226907.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  97.8 KB

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  63.3 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    ^^This^^

Unless you get a pull through, backing is involved one way or the other. Might as well back into a visible spot, vs. trying to see through vehicles.
    Or as I finally convinced the wife, it takes just as much time to back in as it does to back out. At home it makes more sense to back in when you return, than to back out with, say, a screaming, bleeding child when you need to get to the emergency room. Or when reasons make you late getting the kids out of the house for an appointment just pulling out is cleaner, easier than backing out.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Or as I finally convinced the wife, it takes just as much time to back in as it does to back out. At home it makes more sense to back in when you return, than to back out with, say, a screaming, bleeding child when you need to get to the emergency room. Or when reasons make you late getting the kids out of the house for an appointment just pulling out is cleaner, easier than backing out.

pat
    I always back into the driveway and/or garage. It’s probably the only bullshit workplace inspirational speaker tip I ever adopted - always start your day moving forward.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Name:  sbr021320dAPR20200213014526.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  75.0 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Name:  11284.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  35.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    With a 155 inch wheelbase, you back it in.
    My vehicle has a 279" wheelbase, and I back it in just fine.

User Tag List