Page 1919 of 3538 FirstFirst ... 91914191819186919091917191819191920192119291969201924192919 ... LastLast
Results 19,181 to 19,190 of 35376

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Since they are actively editing posts, do they now become publishers???
    Speaking specifically about the linked article, I didn't see any talk of editing anyone's tweets. The article spoke of language used internally in the company.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Spotting position is odd.

Name:  20151195_.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  39.0 KB

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Speaking specifically about the linked article, I didn't see any talk of editing anyone's tweets. The article spoke of language used internally in the company.
    Oh,sure. Be that guy.....

OK, I'm all for everybody feeling comfortable in their work, life, etc.

But as a 70+ year old grandfather, does "grandfathered" really offend people? Or is that term stereotyping a person who originated a process, technology, whatever, as "old", regardless of age? That's a big leap.

Right in there with gendered pronouns, "he" or "his". What about "she" or "her"? Are "we" not all going to be "they" or "their"? Or was that just the authors showing their lack of awareness of who was, or wasn't, offended?

"Sanity check"? Are we offending the insane? Or is that too harsh a term for evaluating the merits of one's work? What about "reality check"? Sorry, I'm sure that's a microagression too.

I realize "we" in America might need to be more sensitive to microaggressions (not to mention the larger problems of race, poverty, etc.). But maybe some people need to toughen up. I still remember my grandparents telling me stories about raising four daughters (including my Mom) in lumber camps in the mountains during the Depression, and chuckling about the hardships they faced. Which were truly no laughing matter. I reflected on their issues when I was dealing with some of mine - - - nothing like a dose of perspective and reality.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post

I realize "we" in America might need to be more sensitive to microaggressions .
    Are you mocking little people?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    You oughta see the other guy...
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List