Page 1560 of 3542 FirstFirst ... 56010601460151015501558155915601561156215701610166020602560 ... LastLast
Results 15,591 to 15,600 of 35412

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Name:  7771C589-7862-4718-8F57-9CD3DA73334E.jpeg
Views: 863
Size:  42.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Name:  B87321AA-23D4-4AD6-9DAA-A5D1B4DF29F8.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  48.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    As an Army civilian who has to suffer through Army training, I approve this message.

Since joining here this thread is part of my morning routine.

There are some funny people in this world.

Thanks to all.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    As an Army civilian who has to suffer through Army training, I approve this message.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Name:  92F1916F-52A6-46BD-8B0B-73E68A97F553.jpg
Views: 1090
Size:  42.6 KB
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    I'm a DA civilian too. What's fun is at any given time maybe 1/4 of our computers don't work and they won't intentionally write the schedules so that we'll be on posts with access to working computers, and a lot of times they don't even give us the right or working links to the training, but it's still on us to get a part-time job's worth of computer training done.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I'm a DA civilian too. What's fun is at any given time maybe 1/4 of our computers don't work and they won't intentionally write the schedules so that we'll be on posts with access to working computers, and a lot of times they don't even give us the right or working links to the training, but it's still on us to get a part-time job's worth of computer training done.
    Truth. We are told to finish our training dammit!, but they don't tell us what training is required. I am not making that up. When they do come up with a list that an admin assistant thinks might be right, half the links don't work. I think there's about a half-dozen different systems we need to access (CAMP, CAPPMIS, ALMS, TED, DAU, MyBIZ (?), and a few others I forgot), about half of which barely work. I have an account in TED, but I have been locked out for a year. And if I have to take prevention of human trafficking again, I'm going to kidnap the person who developed that training and traffic them to Guantanamo.

Besides the mandatory training, we have the requirement of 80 continuous learning points (CLPs). In one of my previous Army jobs, our management micromanaged us and made us do 40 CLPs a year, and if we didn't do it, we'd get in trouble. I often joked that they were going to start making us complete 3.33 CLPs per month, or 1 CLP a week. I left that job for an OSD job, then after 4 years came back to the Army, and sure enough they are now tracking our CLPs quarterly.

When I was a supervisor, I'd take a couple of my employees to the range. Some of them had never shot a gun before, and some of the systems we were developing would go on a rifle, so I thought it was worthwhile. I gave them 2 CLPs for that. I also organized tours of the Pentagon for my division. We were 15 miles from the Pentagon, but some of the younger employees had never been to the five-sided funny farm. I gave them a couple of CLPs for the tour. I also told them that after taking a DAU class, that if they went home and watched The Pentagon Wars (to see how acquisition is *really* done), I'd give them another 2 CLPs.

User Tag List