Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Only "one watch"/only "two watch"

Only "one watch"/only "two watch"

So, if you could only have one watch, what would it be? And same question, but if you could only have two watches, what would they be?

Today, and subject to change, my one watch would be a Marathon 41mm steel Navigator, with no date. I think it is tough enough to hold up to shooting and outdoors pursuits, it has the ability to show a second time zone (UTC for me), the bezel moves easily for timing, it is quartz accurate, but you can change the battery yourself. Not too expensive, and I like the looks.

Name:  IMG_8006.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  52.5 KB

For two watches, the Sinn 105 UTC for flying and daily wear, and a 41mm poly Marathon for shooting and rougher use.

Name:  IMG_8005.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  35.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

For me it would be this Timex easy reader. I got it the hard way it was in my dad’s belongings at the hospital when he passed. Doesn’t hurt it’s totally functional.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Can we make it 3? If I could only have one it would have to be the Pelagos LHD. It's so good it's almost boring. The second would be a toss up between my Tutima NATO chrono and my EZM13. The Tutima has the most useful Lemania 5100 central minute hand chrono and toughness and legibility are second to none. The EZM13 has a mini 60 minute chrono dial and pushers that can be used underwater, a yuge plus for diving. Hopefully I won't be forced to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    Can we make it 3? If I could only have one it would have to be the Pelagos LHD. It's so good it's almost boring. The second would be a toss up between my Tutima NATO chrono and my EZM13. The Tutima has the most useful Lemania 5100 central minute hand chrono and toughness and legibility are second to none. The EZM13 has a mini 60 minute chrono dial and pushers that can be used underwater, a yuge plus for diving. Hopefully I won't be forced to choose.
    The problem with three is this thread quickly gets expensive.....

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The problem with three is this thread quickly gets expensive.....
    Right. Unlike every other hardware related thread on PF.

One watch: Tudor Pelagos 39.

Two watches: ...and a Cartier Tank SolarBeat.

Three watches: ...and a Casio G-Shock GA2100.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 04-24-2024 at 10:13 PM.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

My choices are a G-Shock solar and the new Doxa Sub-200T in the aquamarine sunray, it would look awesome on my heirloom navajo watch bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    One watch: Tudor Pelagos 39.

Two watches: ...and a Cartier Tank SolarBeat.

Three watches: ...and a Casio G-Shock GA2100.
    How do you like the Pelagos? I am a sucker for titanium watches. Wish they made a GMT version.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    How do you like the Pelagos? I am a sucker for titanium watches. Wish they made a GMT version.
    I really dig it.

It's boring enough that I never feel weird about wearing it and it doesn't seem to draw any attention, but it's interesting enough that I occasionally find myself looking at it and being enamored with it.

Legibility and lume is great. Size is pretty much perfect.

It's just... a really good watch. I've worn it almost every day since I got it.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

User Tag List