Page 696 of 3538 FirstFirst ... 19659664668669469569669769870674679611961696 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,960 of 35380

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    ...I periodically jones for a 2007 F-250 standard cab long bed with diesel, manual trans, manual transfer case and manual hubs.
    Are you me?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Reminds me of this:
    #noregerts

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I'll be 55 in January, the Tacoma I am currently driving is my very first automatic transmission.
    I still look to down shift when coming to a stop.
    At about the same age... My first car was an auto... Second car (at 21) and every car afterward was a stick, until about 2 years ago. Even when I had a company car (auto) I had motorcycles and a stick-car of some sort. Recently got tired of my kids rolling their eyes at me about driving my car and my wife rolling her eyes at me about giving up her car to the kids when they needed to go somewhere, so I relented and got an auto. Seemed like an almost perfect situation to me (except for the upset wife part). Still have a motorcycle to keep up with 4-limbed driving skills.

Wife has always been a competent stick driver (and a decent shooter), but prefers not.

Should we start a new thread about 5-speed vs 6-speed? I hated the 6-speed. Loved the 6-cyl Jetta, but HATED the extra gear that didn't really get me any more performance or fuel economy... I'm definitely a 5-speed guy, until someone builds a 5-speed with a BIGGER 6th gear instead of just closer ratios for the same top end.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Somewhere in times past there's a joke about being a sissy boy if you don't know how to operate a now-useless railroad oil lamp.
    How hard is that? Keep the wick trimmed and don’t turn it up so much that it smokes. (They’re sold in the camping section at Walmart.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Take an old VW autostick, without the badges and see how someone would react now, that never knew about them.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    How hard is that? Keep the wick trimmed and don’t turn it up so much that it smokes. (They’re sold in the camping section at Walmart.)
    LMAO. I was going to reply that Stephanie probably has a collection to go with her rotary phones.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Didn't everyone grow up in a house with kerosene lamps?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Should we start a new thread about 5-speed vs 6-speed? I hated the 6-speed. Loved the 6-cyl Jetta, but HATED the extra gear that didn't really get me any more performance or fuel economy... I'm definitely a 5-speed guy, until someone builds a 5-speed with a BIGGER 6th gear instead of just closer ratios for the same top end.
    I've never had a 6-speed, but my little Focus could benefit from a 6th gear above the 5th. I'm into 5th gear by 40mph, so the engine is quite buzzy at 70mph.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You know you're a stick shift driver at heart when someone pulls out in front of you and you slam on the brakes AND the clutch, even if said clutch doesn't exist.
    To be honest, after nearly 3 decades of driving both, I don't do that. I did when I was first driving, but had somehow grown out of that by my mid 20s.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Take an old VW autostick, without the badges and see how someone would react now, that never knew about them.
    Never driven one, but I'm aware of their existence and am vaguely aware of the driving process (vacuum sensor to actuate clutch in shifter IIRC).

Chris

User Tag List