Page 692 of 3532 FirstFirst ... 19259264268269069169269369470274279211921692 ... LastLast
Results 6,911 to 6,920 of 35316

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    With the Australian Cattle Dog, big rig, and desert background, I thought this was part of a "Mad Max" movie.
    Me too!

Chris

When I did the search (was actually looking for a Mack) several other videos popped up but that one just felt right... and there is no way of knowing if he has a feral child and some shotgun shells bouncing around the hood.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I've taught my wife to drive a manual... twice. It stresses her out . But on the bright side, I never had to adjust the seat in my 5.0 Mustang!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Driver's ed with actual cars or even simulators? We just got to watch scratchy old vhs copies of the exact same safety films dad watched back in the 50's.
    My driver's ed was when my sister and I were sent out to drive dad's Nissan pickup in the parking lot. Worked great.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I got a deal on my car because, apparently, the fact that it is a manual made me the only person in the greater Houston area who wanted it. I didn't tell them that I'd contemplated traveling to Oklahoma to find a manual previously.

I periodically jones for a 2007 F-250 standard cab long bed with diesel, manual trans, manual transfer case and manual hubs.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    I had teenage kids when I deployed to OIF (they are now grown kids!). I bought my then 16 year old daughter a used Honda Prelude with a 5 speed right before I left for a year (+) - (it was during the first Fast and Furious craze). I think my wife sold it before I landed in Kuwait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohsheepdog View Post
    I've taught my wife to drive a manual... twice. It stresses her out . But on the bright side, I never had to adjust the seat in my 5.0 Mustang!

True story: I was dating my (future) wife when I took her out in my ‘03 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT.

One evening she asked if she could drive. I was like...uh sure...you can drive a stick?

She did great. Learned to drive in an MGB apparently.

I snapped her up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    True story: I was dating my (future) wife when I took her out in my ‘03 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT.

One evening she asked if she could drive. I was like...uh sure...you can drive a stick?

She did great. Learned to drive in an MGB apparently.

I snapped her up.
    [emoji16] To be fair, that's one of the few shortcomings my wife has...

Site Supporter
    Regarding teaching wives to drive a manual (again, not falling into the trap of talking about teaching them to drive sticks...), I had to put my "patient" hat on and really really try so she wouldn't get frustrated and just quit (She's not much of a rise-to-the-challenge sort). It helped she really wanted the 4Runner for herself.

I made her learn in my old Toyota with the idea that if you can master an underpowered vehicle, one with some torque would be easy. We took my Paseo to the local HS parking lot and driver's ed course and spent several sessions mastering the art of the start. Start...stop...start...stop ad naseum until she was super smooth and consistent. Only then did we graduate to the 1-2-1 shift. She got to move into 3rd and 4th by driving us home after several parking lot practice sessions. I did NOT say anything when she got nervous at a stop light, gunned the engine, and dumped the clutch. Well, I did say "I had no idea my little car could still smoke the tires". After a week or so of evenings doing that and some general driving around with me in the car, she was comfortable enough to solo. She drove the 4Runner to work that morning (she worked in town, not far from home) and called me when she got there. I wouldn't have access to the 4Runner as a daily driver for another 8 years as a result.

She's comfortable with a manual transmission and can drive any of the ones we've owned, but she prefers an auto. To be honest, in this area, so do I, but I keep buying manual models.

Chris

User Tag List