Page 690 of 3539 FirstFirst ... 19059064068068868969069169270074079011901690 ... LastLast
Results 6,891 to 6,900 of 35386

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

I think the first stick I ever drove was my uncle's Chevy Corvair. I never purchased a vehicle with an automatic transmission until December, 2001.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Here's a bird yelling into a cup. No, I don't know what the context is.
    The context is that parrots are smart and weird and find all sorts of ways to entertain themselves, most of which involve destroying woodwork, so that one’s owners are getting off light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I learned to drive on an automatic
    What the hell is an "automatic"?

We had a simulator, but it was just a movie screen they showed some film of going through traffic and a dead steering wheel screwed to a fake dashboard.

Grampa taught me to drive in an old 48 Willys CJ2A when I was ten. The high school Drivers Ed class used four door 6cyl Mavericks.

For some reason, Health Education (sex ed) was combined with Driver's Ed. I guess they wanted us to know how to handle ourselves in the back seat.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 08-13-2018 at 08:36 AM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

I detect a bunch of old farts in this thread.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Never had a driver's ed class. Just learned from family and friends and then took the tests. Passed the first time, which included the much dreaded NYC parallel park. Hitting the curb with a wheel was an automatic fail. Jeez, I haven't though of that day since Nixon was president.

Quote Originally Posted by da6dspanburg View Post
    I can not only use a manual transmission, I learned on a '3 on the tree'
    Attachment 29056
    Two points of trivia: I still have a 3 on the tree car in my driveway (‘63 Dart) and my wife and I are both long mylenated for driving it (her first car at age 14 was a ‘70s Ford maverick) and, two, I was very stoned when I took my driver’s test. Long story. Got a 98 score though. I still have the license pic around here somewhere. I look like Jeff Spiccoli from FTARH.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    ‘63 Dart
    A car I considered buying as my first car was an early 70s Dart Swinger owned by the proverbial little old lady and been freshly repainted (the car, not the lady). Seller (Little Old Lady's son) only wanted $500. My father steered me away from it because there was a sign of a small trunk leak and he was in the midst of fighting a similar leak on the family car. He felt it was too risky. In hindsight, and having dealt with more challenging issues with my Beetle, that leak would have been nothing to worry with. Also, that Dart was super clean otherwise and would have been fun to tinker on. I like to think it had a V8, but it was probably just the 6cyl version.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I showed more repect to my elders, as a rule, but otherwise, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    A car I considered buying as my first car was an early 70s Dart Swinger owned by the proverbial little old lady and been freshly repainted (the car, not the lady). Seller (Little Old Lady's son) only wanted $500. My father steered me away from it because there was a sign of a small trunk leak and he was in the midst of fighting a similar leak on the family car. He felt it was too risky. In hindsight, and having dealt with more challenging issues with my Beetle, that leak would have been nothing to worry with. Also, that Dart was super clean otherwise and would have been fun to tinker on. I like to think it had a V8, but it was probably just the 6cyl version.

Chris
    I still eyeball them from time to time, for all the same reasons.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/d...639095655.html

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/d...625959676.html

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d...633758679.html
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    I detect a bunch of old farts in this thread.
    Stay the hell off our lawns.

User Tag List