Page 697 of 3542 FirstFirst ... 19759764768769569669769869970774779711971697 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,970 of 35412

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I've never had a 6-speed, but my little Focus could benefit from a 6th gear above the 5th. I'm into 5th gear by 40mph, so the engine is quite buzzy at 70mph.

Chris
    Problem with the several 6-speeds I've driven (only owned 1 but have driven a half dozen-ish) is that the top end feels about the same.. Similar RPM at highway speeds.. Seems to drive like you get 6 gears that cover the same low-to-high gear ratios instead of 5. I'm happier winding out 3rd a bit longer and skipping the extra shift.

Now, if you want to build a real "overdrive" tranny that runs 1,500 - 1,800 RPM at 70 MPH in 6th gear, I'd be interested in test driving that. Sure, you'd have to downshift to pass, but, that would be some great fuel economy and a faster top speed (although you'd get there more slowly). 1 thru 5 for normal driving and a legit overdrive gear for highway with the cruise control on.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Problem with the several 6-speeds I've driven (only owned 1 but have driven a half dozen-ish) is that the top end feels about the same.. Similar RPM at highway speeds.. Seems to drive like you get 6 gears that cover the same low-to-high gear ratios instead of 5. I'm happier winding out 3rd a bit longer and skipping the extra shift.

Now, if you want to build a real "overdrive" tranny that runs 1,500 - 1,800 RPM at 70 MPH in 6th gear, I'd be interested in test driving that. Sure, you'd have to downshift to pass, but, that would be some great fuel economy and a faster top speed (although you'd get there more slowly). 1 thru 5 for normal driving and a legit overdrive gear for highway with the cruise control on.
    That's because they do cover the same range. Or at least they did up through 12 years ago. I know in the F150 a few years ago Ford started using an auto trans that had two overdrive ratios and skipped the 1:1 in favor of a more even spacing with the top end being something like .66:1. Now auto transmissions go up to 8 gears, maybe even more I haven't been paying attention. But it used to be every trans out there you'd work your way up to a 1:1 and then have a final OD gear that was typically .75:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    We need to start an old cars we love just because thread. Sometimes it’s the journey not the destination. Maybe I’m just getting old but I spend too much time thinking about how things were done in my grandfathers day. Too many things today are not better, just cheaper, more profit delivered and disposable. Maybe I have too much time on my hands and I just want to slow down but I really would like a stock first generation ford bronco straight six with three on the tree to run around in. I found a nice one on Craigslist; but not for 12 grand

I used to drive an 8 speed truck, and then a 15 speed split.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    We need to start an old cars we love just because thread. Sometimes it’s the journey not the destination. Maybe I’m just getting old but I spend too much time thinking about how things were done in my grandfathers day. Too many things today are not better, just cheaper, more profit delivered and disposable. Maybe I have too much time on my hands and I just want to slow down but I really would like a stock first generation ford bronco straight six with three on the tree to run around in. I found a nice one on Craigslist; but not for 12 grand
    My MIL had a mid-70s pop-top Ramcharger. She was quite the character.

So... here's the million dollar question... When Ford reboots the Bronco next year, will it be a pop-top?
    If so, I might have to have one...
    Diesel?.... Definitely have to have one...

https://www.cjponyparts.com/resource...20-ford-bronco
    A removable roof, reportedly named the “Air Roof”, seems to be a certainty for the Bronco, potentially featuring three removable panels.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

All the pics I have seen are a solid top...
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

The one that got away: one-family owner 1968 International Scout 800B with the 304 v8 and the stick shift.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Is this car talk or a meme thread? Mods here are shit.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Is this car talk or a meme thread? Mods here are shit.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List