Page 1208 of 3537 FirstFirst ... 2087081108115811981206120712081209121012181258130817082208 ... LastLast
Results 12,071 to 12,080 of 35363

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    I was laughing at this and showed my wife. She laughed too, but only because it’s our area code
    918 NE OK
    My wife is from Tulsa and recognized the road. "Correlation is not causation*. There is a lot of shit and some people down there that would eat a Chihuahua."

*I know, big words for an Okie. She's lived up here for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    My wife is from Tulsa and recognized the road. "Correlation is not causation*. There is a lot of shit and some people down there that would eat a Chihuahua."

*I know, big words for an Okie. She's lived up here for a while.
    LOL

Keep your dogs and cats at home. Or they might be in a soup.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Driving in shitty NoVA traffic cancels out any benefit gained from driving experience and engagement. There's simply no point to rowing through gears (or back and forth between 1st and 2nd repeatedly) while going in a straight line down I66, I95, or the Beltway. At this point, I just as soon have a self-driving car and be done with it. I'd probably have a different perspective if I lived somewhere that didn't make driving an absolute chore.
    Agreed. When I bought my Rav4 in December of 2001, I went out of my way to buy a manual transmission. Why? Because that's what I had driven all my life. Here I am, 17.5 years later, and I've grown to hate driving that thing in NoVA traffic. But the car just won't die (I'm still on the original clutch). Meanwhile, I'm convinced that my left leg is 15 percent stronger than my right leg.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    Agreed. When I bought my Rav4 in December of 2001, I went out of my way to buy a manual transmission. Why? Because that's what I had driven all my life. Here I am, 17.5 years later, and I've grown to hate driving that thing in NoVA traffic. But the car just won't die (I'm still on the original clutch). Meanwhile, I'm convinced that my left leg is 15 percent stronger than my right leg.
    Heh. You bought your RAV4 just before I bought my 4Runner 5spd. I still have it too.

Just before my last car purchase, I swore I'd never buy another stick. However, I fell in love with the Focus hatchback, but the DCT transmission was a dog (programmed for efficiency rather than performance, lots of teething issues, etc). The 5spd version smooth as silk, so I browbeat the sales guy into finding me a 5spd with the features I wanted. Six years later, I still have the Focus too. The only non-stick car we have is our minivan.

The next car WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC. Actually, it will be because it's SWMBO's turn to choose and she prefers autos. Also, most family-sized vehicles are autos and she's the default kid-schlepper.

Chris

Site Supporter
    We need a meme:

via Imgflip Meme Generator
    --Jason--

Woah.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    If I could buy a brand new, just off the line, 1998 M3 coupe today, I would.
    Interesting you mention that - BMW is selling more cars than ever but their "enthusiast base" is not looking for "Honda Accord with BMW badges" so BMW is constantly barraged with "the good old days" like your M3. (To resist is futile - I traded my 2011 BMW 335i coupe toward a 2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring because the 335 was not good at going to the gun range, etc."

One of my great joys of the summer is leaving behind the manual 70 Series Landcruisers & bad roads, and driving plush cars with automatic everything.

Having said that, I would happily and joyfully take a classic car with manual transmission.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    After a number of times in which it felt as though I was rowing my stick-shift Civic up the Central Artery, I swore that I'd not buy another car with a manual transmission.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List