Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What Gun(s) Did You Buy - Or Want To - Simply Because of TV and/or Movies?

What Gun(s) Did You Buy - Or Want To - Simply Because of TV and/or Movies?

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    I like being dumb with owning stuff in movies. So........I'd get the John Wick package.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCG View Post
    If there isn't a "What gun(s) did you buy -- or want to buy -- simply because it was in a movie?" thread on this site, there should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Judging from your avatar, you are the man to start it!
    1. HK MP5 because of Die Hard (1988).

Name:  DH_1101.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  34.0 KB

Unfortunately, the 1989 executive action import ban on "assault weapons" put the HK-94 out of reach.

With PTR now making an MP5 clone in the USA, I'm tempted -- even though I have a SIG MPX and the CZ EVO Scorpion is the current internet hotness -- simply because of 1980s nostalgia.

2. HK P30L, because of John Wick (2014).

Name:  JohnWickP30L-2.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  24.1 KB

I was already looking at the P30 because (1) a friend of mine had bought one a few years earlier, and (2) it was the then hotness here on Pistol-Forum and Pistol-Training. But after seeing John Wick, I wanted the L version.

I did get a P30LS in a trade a few months later, but ended up eventually trading it for something else. As much as I like the idea of the P30 and P30L, I'm one of those people whose trigger finger gets rubbed raw by it. I'm sure it won't stop me from getting a non-S P30L if I find one at the right price, because of John Wick.

3. I would say that if they ever make an action movie about, based on, or starring Ernest Langdon, I'd want a Beretta PX4 Compact. But I just picked one up this weekend. Since it was because of Mr. Langdon's "The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19" thread here, I suppose that sort-of-counts.

I'm sure there are others I can't think of right now; probably more than I care to admit. If/when I get around to sweeping the cobwebs in my head, I'll post them here.
    Last edited by BCG; 08-06-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Beretta 92FS

I’ve seen it in tons of movies and TV shows. I was originally leaning heavily towards possibly getting an M9A1, but the 92FS pleased my less practical side with the non-railed and slanted dust cover. I’ve shot them before and liked them and it took me way too long to acquire my own. Having finally gotten some rounds through it with the D spring installed I think it’ll be something I’ll be shooting regularly. I’m going to find a way to either carry it and/or compete with it.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

A pair of HK P7M8 pistols that I had finished in NP3 as Hans Gruber had a hard chromed P7 in "Die Hard".

Colt Detective Special (well technically it's a Cobra, but whatever). Because I watched too much Bogart and Dragnet as a kid -

Name:  500px-TheBigSleep_5.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  47.7 KB

__

Not yet, but one of these days I'll get a 2.5" Diamondback because...Bullitt...Which is why I have an upside down shoulder holster for my Colts...

Name:  517jmZNAstL._SY445_.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  36.6 KB

I can not confirm nor deny that I replaced the lever action rifle I should never have sold in the first place the day after binge-watching Longmire.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    I have a Walther PPK in my safe because, well...you know.

Colt 1903 Hammerless

I'll also fess up that my first handgun was a 6 1/2 Model 29.

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Can safely say I have never purchased a firearm based on its use in a film.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    PPK (OK, PPK/s) for obvious reasons.

Model 29.

Model 15 because Adam-12.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Full size USP45 because I got a screaming deal on it and because Collateral. Traded it to my buddy for something. Maybe an Enfield.

Para P18*9 because Hitman. Sold it later because I wanted something else.

Traded the same buddy that got my USP an MP5 clone for his Pedersoli .45-120 because Quigley Down Under. He’d bought it for the same reason. Sold off after a poorly timed job change.

Numerous single actions/cap and ball/cartridge conversions because Clint Eastwood movies.

That’s all I can think of/admit to offhand...
    Last edited by awp_101; 08-06-2018 at 01:47 PM.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List