Page 536 of 3530 FirstFirst ... 3643648652653453553653753854658663610361536 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 35294

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    They need a tank school where you get to learn each position in the tank, and end the day by blowing the shit out of something with it, preferably while jumping a berm at speed, because flying and shooting in a tank is awesome.

There is this: http://www.driveatank.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    They need a tank school where you get to learn each position in the tank, and end the day by blowing the shit out of something with it, preferably while jumping a berm at speed, because flying and shooting in a tank is awesome.

Russian tank - their crews are very short (They still get to have size requirements) so if you're over 5'6" imagine how hard you'd be cracking your skull when that mofo lands.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Site Supporter
    Short to keep the tank low. I had a friend in Army human factors who said that we used reclining lounge chair like seats in one tank prototype for the same purpose. The problem was the driver fell asleep in the comfy chair. Don't know if that's true, the story is from the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Moving foxholes attract attention.

Attachment 25701

Love Bill Mauldin's work. This has always been my favorite however:
    Name:  shootjeep.jpg
Views: 1236
Size:  81.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by da6dspanburg View Post
    ... I might have to do that for the kid's birthday one year. He's a big WW2 nut (Civil War too, but they didn't have tanks) and would get a thrill out of doing a tank thing.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Russian tank - their crews are very short (They still get to have size requirements) so if you're over 5'6" imagine how hard you'd be cracking your skull when that mofo lands.
    Didn't the Red Army have a number of women driving T-34s for pretty much that reason?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Love Bill Mauldin's work. This has always been my favorite however:
    Name:  shootjeep.jpg
Views: 1236
Size:  81.7 KB
    That was also his favorite, I believe.

My dad had the 1945 edition of "Up Front" on his bookshelf until he passed. My brother snaked it away.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Russian tank - their crews are very short (They still get to have size requirements)...
    They assign MOSs based on physical characteristics or, (according to "Viktor Suvarov") where you are from, so as to ensure fully manned reserve formations.
    Or used to, things may have changed, as Russia spirals into "failed state-dom."
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Short to keep the tank low. I had a friend in Army human factors who said that we used reclining lounge chair like seats in one tank prototype for the same purpose. The problem was the driver fell asleep in the comfy chair. Don't know if that's true, the story is from the 70's.
    Yes, our tanks are bigger, taller, to accommodate a population that averages bigger than under-nourished worker peasants.

Driver's seat of the M1 Abrams is essentially a reclined longe chair. I wasn't into moving foxholes (as Willie and Joe noted above, they attract attention), but I never heard any issues with treadheads falling asleep. Maybe our own @Suvarov will weigh in.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Didn't the Red Army have a number of women driving T-34s for pretty much that reason?
    Yep. I think a few won the "Hero of the Soviet Union" award.

The T-34 was a real beast to drive.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List