Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Sights and Tritium Dots (from DotW 3 thread)

Front Sights and Tritium Dots (from DotW 3 thread)

Nice job Todd!!!
    So do you think that the accuracy of the P30 gives it the edge over the Glock on DT? Or just your ability to shoot it better?
    FWIW I plan to try it at 7yds as well.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

We are diminished
    P -- I think the trigger of the P30 works better for me, and I also had a much thinner front sight on my pistol with the P30. I did another drill today that will be a DotW before the year is out ("Sweet 16") and around 10-11yd, I have a very difficult time seeing the 2" dot over or through the sights.

Todd,

If the thinner Heinie sight lets you shoot more percisly on drills like the dot torture, do you find that you can be faster with the larger HD sights? For instance it looked like you were blazing on that 3 shot per tripple nickle. Any idea what your splits were on that one?

Edited to add: If this is too far off topic disregard!

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    P -- I think the trigger of the P30 works better for me, and I also had a much thinner front sight on my pistol with the P30. I did another drill today that will be a DotW before the year is out ("Sweet 16") and around 10-11yd, I have a very difficult time seeing the 2" dot over or through the sights.
    Ah, that makes perfect sense. The Trigger on the Glocks has been something I've Never found the "perfect" setup for me.

Oh and FWIW I think the DotW is Awesome!!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

We are diminished
    Serpico -- I think the Trij HD sight is very easy to see and track at maximum speed. Having said that, I'm probably going to try something more conventional for the next month or so to evaluate it in comparison to the HD.

I'm afraid I didn't write down any specifics from the Triple Nickel run. Someone with video editing software and too much time on his hands might be able to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Serpico -- I think the Trij HD sight is very easy to see and track at maximum speed. Having said that, I'm probably going to try something more conventional for the next month or so to evaluate it in comparison to the HD.

What are you thinking of trying? Want to try a set of operator pros?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    What are you thinking of trying? Want to try a set of operator pros?
    PM sent.

Defoor sights?

Quote Originally Posted by zRxz View Post
    Defoor sights?
    This, i doubt.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by zRxz View Post
    Defoor sights?
    No. The Defoor sights are awesome if you don't want tritium, but I'm religious about having night sights.

I've got a set of the Warren/Sevigny 2-dot carry sights that ATF chose for their G22s and G27s, and I've been thinking about running them for a month to see how they compare to the Trij HD sights.

User Tag List