Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CoolFire (Like a SIRT with a Reciprocating Slide)

CoolFire (Like a SIRT with a Reciprocating Slide)

http://coolfiretrainer.com/index.asp

Seems pretty interesting, since you're using your actual trigger and sights, and the reciprocating slide allows for some form of sight tracking. Priced about as much as metal-slide SIRT. Not sure how the whole recharge-after-20-shots thing will limit one's practice.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 03-27-2016 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post

http://coolfiretrainer.com/index.asp

Seems pretty interesting, since you're using your actual trigger and sights, and the reciprocating slide allows for some form of sight tracking. Priced about as much as metal-slide SIRT. Not sure how the whole recharge-after-20-shots thing will limit one's practice.
    Hopefully someone here will get a chance to try one out and give use a review.

I have had a SIRT a little less than a year, and like it very much, but if this had been available back in May I might have given this a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    That's clever. Kind of pricey, but really clever.
    very clever...

Really cool, but I have to gripe on the booger hook bs with the ponytail dude.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Can't tell...is it a piston on the back, or just a hole that shoots out air? I'm just trying to think about possible breechface damage.

The more I think about this, the more I like it, but also the more questions I have.

It also reminds me I need to play with the airsoft gun I have some more. Maybe I can make better use of it... It reciprocates (granted, less realistically) for a heck of a lot less than $400 :P
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I've been waiting for something like this.

Make it a complete slide that also shoots airsoft BBs and I'd pay a price equal to that of a "real" gun.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I've been waiting for something like this.

Make it a complete slide that also shoots airsoft BBs and I'd pay a price equal to that of a "real" gun.
    Dual purpose BBs and a laser would be bad ass. Use one or the other as needed for the work at hand.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Really cool, but I have to gripe on the booger hook bs with the ponytail dude.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    I developed a nervous tic just watching him caress the trigger every time he touched a gun (even the blue one). We need a flinch smiley.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Dual purpose BBs and a laser would be bad ass. Use one or the other as needed for the work at hand.
    Dual purpose - BB's and laser - was previously developed.

https://www.google.com/patents/US7581954

https://www.google.com/patents/US682...BfCdAQ6AEIHTAA

I have a SIRT, and find it to be some of the best training tool I have ever invested in. Particularly when practicing drawing from a holster, I can perform a level of self-diagnostics and skill isolation that would not be possible even with live ammo. It has also proven to be highly useful for diagnosing and solving problems with new shooters, forming good sight alignment and trigger control habits before bad ones start.

I would be very interested to try the Cool Fire, and think it has serious potential. However, one of the advantages of the SIRT is that I can put my real gun completely away, pick up a SIRT, practice, put the SIRT away, and put my real gun back on, with no need to disassemble the real gun, and with definite indicia of which one I am using.
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 03-31-2016 at 08:45 PM.

User Tag List