Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CoolFire (Like a SIRT with a Reciprocating Slide)

I was a ponytail dude a few years ago. But my booger hook is my lil' finger...

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    I like what I see with this coolfire. I'll wait to hear some reports from members here about it.

I like the SIRT for specific things. Drawing, when you start to touch the trigger between the 3 and 4, etc etc. My only issue with it is most of the practice needs to be with the laser taped, or you start to develop a target focus. That green laser sure is brighter then those black sights...
    I know what you mean. Luckily though my SIRT came with the laser set up to hit in a place that is obscured by the front sight and when I fire it I just see a halo of laser around the front sight which seems to mitigate the distraction of seeing the laser hitting the target somewhat. I wonder if you can adjust it in a similar way, and if that would work better for you. Otherwise assuming you have a Glock, do you ever try/like the piece of cardboard or zip tie trick to keep the slide out of battery and work the trigger/dry fire that way (I know, there is no striker snap resistance like that)?
    Last edited by DacoRoman; 06-11-2016 at 08:17 AM.

I wonder how strong the recoil impulse with that Coolfire, cause if it is too soft, like an Airsoft recoil impulse, I don't think it would be that useful. If it gives a realistic enough recoil impulse I think it would be very useful indeed.

Bringing this thread back just to see if somebody purchased one of these units and what your experience was.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Bringing this thread back just to see if somebody purchased one of these units and what your experience was.

thanks
    Same here. Sight tracking and recoil management are areas I really need to work on and this seems like a very promising solution.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post

thanks
    I’ve gotten the chance to mess with one for an hour or so.

Glock 19 is what I used it on. The recoil is definitely not like an air soft gun. It’s probably heavier than most 9mm loads. Another instructor has used it with some new students.

I dig the fact you can slap it in your carry gun and have the real trigger

I will say that I don’t think the sights track quite the same as live ammo. On the road, so I’ll keep this short and try to answer any questions.

I’ll borrow it for another session soon to give more detailed feedback. I’m wondering if it will trip a shot timer if the timer is close enough. That’d be pretty cool.

User Tag List