Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Tactical Pens -- What do you like, and why?

Site Supporter Notorious E.O.C.'s Avatar
    I can't believe I complained about a lack of fountain pen content when this thread was younger and then missed @Archer1440's contribution.

Name:  IMG_7930.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  53.3 KB

Pilot Vanishing Points + Galen Leather A5 zippered folio.
    The way we do science in XCOM is basically by shooting things first.
    - Jake Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Surefire, Hinderer, Space Pen

It appears to me that the surefire was otpriginallyna twist pen but now is colicky-style. Is that right?

Current production?

https://www.amazon.com/SureFire-Writ.../dp/B004XPGZM0
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Name:  85D044B5-4EE1-481F-800A-D949FB374D63.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  73.3 KB

I like Tuffwriter. They are well made and stout. I think I have have had the larger pen for more than 10 years, and the smaller one at least 8 years.

They are clicky pens.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    It appears to me that the surefire was otpriginallyna twist pen but now is colicky-style. Is that right?

Current production?

https://www.amazon.com/SureFire-Writ.../dp/B004XPGZM0
    I have the original SF twist pen. It feels like it could last for generations. Not sure why they went to a "colicky" [sic] style...
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I have the original SF twist pen. It feels like it could last for generations. Not sure why they went to a "colicky" [sic] style...
    People couldn't stop crying about not having the colicky style.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Site Supporter
    Reviving this thread for a quick question. I've been carrying a Hinderer Investigator pen for a couple years and like the pen and the size ( approximately 5"), but call me lazy, I'm sick of unscrewing the cap everytime I want to use it. I'm looking at two bolt action pens similar in size, I don't want a click pen. Does anyone have a Microtech Kyroh mini or a Heretic Thoth? Thoughts on them if you do?

Dang. I'm sorry to see that the twist-pen is gone. I had one back a decade ago, when I was working in a field R&D role, and I loved how tough that thing was. The pocket clip didn't last that long, though, before it snapped off.

I don't like the "clicky" pens, because I keep "clicking" them, and it's a pattern of my own behavior that annoys ne.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

While not marketed explicitly as “tactical”, Tactile Turn makes pens that check all the boxes. I like the “smooth operator” slim bolt action in titanium, personally. They have some other awesome designs with a few different mechanisms.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    If that’s the case, then that is one happy day for me. All my 701s have plastic guts and that frustrated me to the point of casing up my own all steel pen. I’ve been carrying a beat up old modified zebra 402/701, but it will be nice to be able to order it off the shelf now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, 4 years later and I couldn't even tell you where those pens are. Lost in the last 2-3 moves since then or something. Right now, I'm more likely to have a Parker Jotter or Everyman "Grafton". I'm a big fan of the Grafton pens/pencils for the reasons mentioned above. Being able to use a G2 refill in them is very nice. The Rite in the Rain note pads I tote around aren't fans of the gel, so I tend to have a Fisher "Bullet" pen or a Pokka Pen handy as well. And this doesn't include the stash of pens in my backpack for work because the dang things always grow legs in an office.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

User Tag List