Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Pens -- What do you like, and why?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I really like my Tuff Writer mini click pen. I think I have carried it for at least 6 years and I have only had one small problem with it which was rectified by the folks at Tuff Writer.

I am less likely to use it as a weapon now that I have gone through some training with Cecil, but when I purchased it I was flying commercial into and out of Afghanistan 3 times a year for several years and I wanted something I could get through security with no issues. When I was going through Qatar regularly they would give us a ration of shit of we were wearing what they considered "roughs"... I could never get a good answer on what was considered roughs from the Qataris.

I also like the fact that they are a small business and manufacture here in the USA. I am trying to purchase less from PRC and more from USA and other friendly nations.
    Their retro click pens are the nicest tactical pens I have come across. I own both a brass version (the nicest looking one in my opinion) and a zirconium version, with the zirconium version being in my shirt pocket as I type this. If they do another run of titanium versions, I will likely get one.

They need to make the retro click a regular part of their product line.

There is absolutely nothing about the retro click line that identifies it as anything other than a high quality pen.

Edited to add: Tuffwriter now has brass retro-click pens on their website. https://www.tuffwriter.com/RCBRBRUSH...ushedmatte.htm
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 10-23-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    Gentlemen--Do any of you have experience with this pen from Everyman:https://everyman.co/? I'm intrigued. Thanks.
    Great pen. I now have 2, one in black and one in gun-metal grey. Both write well, function well, positive click to deploy pen tip or retract it. I use one at home and one on my vest for work. I really like the Pilot G2 gel refills and this was the reason why I bought one to try. Bought them off of Amazon back in March. I have a tuff writer mini click that I tried a Parker gel refill in, but it didn’t write well, not nearly as good as the Pilot G2 refill. The Tuff Writer is better suited with a Fisher or Schmidt refill.
    The only negative was the ink cartridge that the pens came with, neither one lasted very long and they didn’t write very smooth and consistent when compared to the Pilot G2 refills, just my experience. Buy one to try, it’s a lot cheaper than other pens out there since we’re all buying guns, Ammo and gear

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    Great pen. I now have 2, one in black and one in gun-metal grey. Both write well, function well, positive click to deploy pen tip or retract it. I use one at home and one on my vest for work. I really like the Pilot G2 gel refills and this was the reason why I bought one to try. Bought them off of Amazon back in March. I have a tuff writer mini click that I tried a Parker gel refill in, but it didn’t write well, not nearly as good as the Pilot G2 refill. The Tuff Writer is better suited with a Fisher or Schmidt refill.
    The only negative was the ink cartridge that the pens came with, neither one lasted very long and they didn’t write very smooth and consistent when compared to the Pilot G2 refills, just my experience. Buy one to try, it’s a lot cheaper than other pens out there since we’re all buying guns, Ammo and gear
    Having used two of these pens for about a month, I concur. Fit, finish, and function are excellent. They write well, are comfortable in the hand, and relatively light weight due to the aluminum body. I like. ELN

Site Supporter
    I have a few Hinderer's I really like.

I'm not a "tactical" pen users. And despite a deep love affair with fountain pens, all of mine have ended up side lined for day-to-day stuff. In favor of the four-color Bic Click: https://www.amazon.com/BIC-4-Color-B...0898107&sr=8-6

These pens are still Made in France and Bic is still a French-owned company. I view items made in western Europe as the next best alternative to buying US. Particularly, UK, German, and French made stuff.

The pen bodies on these Bics are a nice diameter and they are robust enough to withstand hammering them into a 2x4 a few times without damage. The tips are too rounded to puncture, so you're opting for a pocket stick kind of effect. Flip side these fly right through ANY security screening.

And four colors is actually far more useful than you might think. I got onto this kick a few years ago. The different colors are very useful for drawing cartoons of different concepts and being able to quickly identify different parts of the concept due to coloration. Similarly I often make lists in blue or black and check them off with red and green, using the alternate colors to give me feedback on the status of things without having to remember everything I intended with just a black check mark.

After more than a decade if trying to make fancy writing utensils work for me, the stupid Bic Four-Color turned out to be the right choice for me. Plus the blue and white makes it much harder to lose the pen inside my black canvas briefcase.

Thanks to everyone who suggested the Zebra F701 - nice heft to it, just fine at writing, and quite inconspicuous in the office (as a SD tool).
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    Thanks to everyone who suggested the Zebra F701 - nice heft to it, just fine at writing, and quite inconspicuous in the office (as a SD tool).
    I like this one; it joins a Surefire Backup as my carry-on items.

So apparently there is an All-Metal STEEL F-701. Hack is unnecessary and you can get an all steel pen for about $7. Seems a lot of people don't like the Fisher pen mod, so existing refill ok. Am I missing a key piece of info here? Thanks all.

Site Supporter
    17 ish shipped 3 ct.

Zebra F-701 Ballpoint Pens, Stainless Steel with Knurled Grip, Pk of 3 Pens https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KCY5OC8...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    17 ish shipped 3 ct.

Zebra F-701 Ballpoint Pens, Stainless Steel with Knurled Grip, Pk of 3 Pens https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KCY5OC8...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    I use these at work with blue ink refills.

Running around town on my own time, I tote a Skillcraft pilot's pen. Not really 'tactical', but a nice, compact red/black pen/mechanical pencil suitable for signing receipts or doodling on napkins.

https://www.amazon.com/SKILCRAFT-Avi...roducts&sr=1-2
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List