Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactical Pens -- What do you like, and why?

In school I carry a zebra G-301 because it works great as a pen. A friend of mine gave me a fisher police pro pen and i like it but it stands out in a school . I do use it for doing construction bids because it will write in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by butler coach View Post
    A friend of mine gave me a fisher police pro pen and i like it but it stands out in a school . I do use it for doing construction bids because it will write in the rain.
    Maybe you should drive the unmarked version http://www.spacepen.com/zerogravitypenmatteblack.aspx

I had a tactical pen that wouldn't make it past a domestic airport security, even though I probably had ten flights with it in my carry-on. I had to use the crazy expensive kiosk that mails back your items, as the pen was a gift, and I was not about to surrender it.

Currently I use an old Rotring 600 Trio. Two pen colors and a pencil in a SOLID machined body.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Maybe you should drive the unmarked version http://www.spacepen.com/zerogravitypenmatteblack.aspx
    i would but the one i have was free.. and that my friends is my favorite price to pay.

I bought a Zebra F-701 a while back and already had a Zebra F-402. I didn't like the fact that the 701 had plastic as a clicker retainer (if that's what you call it) and noticed that the 402 had a steel one. So I swapped them out and now I've got a ALL steel Zebra F-701 - 2

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 03-31-2016 at 01:19 PM.

I posted a link to "the hack" earlier.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I posted a link to "the hack" earlier.
    I missed that post. Shop rag and needle nose pliers is all I used. I use zebra ink so I didn't have to worry about swapping the internals out for the space pen crap.

Tuffwriter Precision Press series is my "go to" and the Zebra 701 series is my "cheap alternative". Neither one is "tactical looking" with teeth or spikes or razor blades and does not draw any unwanted attention....

I have flown all over (US and Caribbean) and other than a female TSA trainee in the Chattanooga airport commenting to another TSA officer that the Tuff Writer pen was "heavy" when she picked it up after it went through in the bucket with my watch , belt and shoes no one has said anything about it or even raised an eyebrow or given it a second look.....it just looks like a pen.

On our last trip to the Bahamas I just went with the Zebra 701s since if I lose it I'm only out $6 not $100 and I can make sure I have 2 and the wife has 2 for under $30. The Tuffwriter is longer and heavier than the Zebra and as such is my preferred "travel pen" but no one wants to get stabbed in the face with a Zebra 701 either....

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I know. ;-)

The link mostly read as a long winded "I did it" and not so much as a how-to. I'm a simple man with a simple mind. I need more pictures.
    Try this one: http://clickypost.com/blog/2015/2/1/...he-zebra-f-701
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I have absolutely zero interest in having such a pen, but have an incredible urge to build one now. Thanks
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List