Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactical Pens -- What do you like, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    For $5 and change at the local HEB it’s still my go to clicky pen for duty use.
    Too much money for what my wife calls a "throw down" pen. Meaning something you would let a nasty ER patient use to sign something.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Too much money for what my wife calls a "throw down" pen. Meaning something you would let a nasty ER patient use to sign something.
    No matter what pen I am using I always keep pens for customers to use either in my pocket or on the desk. I guess those would be considered my throw down pens.

I've done a lot of work with tactical pens in my krav classes and I've come to really appreciate them.

Most people carry them as a "last ditch" weapon but I have found they are often a good first choice if you are able to see the potential threat coming. Its easy and innocent looking to preposition yourself in a good vantage point and have your pen already in your hand ready to go. No one looks scary holding a pen so you aren't likely to scare some sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Please do I am probably going to buy a Parker Jotter with the quinkflow later today. If I don’t like it I will try an easy flow refill. I love the F701 and the F301. If i could find better refills I would look no further for a pen.
    I really like the Parker jotter with the Schmidt easy flow refill. If I could fit the easy flow refil in a F301 I would look no further for an everyday carry pen.

Site Supporter
    A fair bit bigger/thicker that the new 701 or parker jotter. A very smooth writer as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Pentel-EnerGe...g-goods&sr=8-6

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    A fair bit bigger/thicker that the new 701 or parker jotter. A very smooth writer as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Pentel-EnerGe...g-goods&sr=8-6
    That looks nice, but unfortunately gel pens don't work well with multi-part forms.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Dropping this here for anyone interested--not sure anything would arrive in time for Xmas stocking stuffers:

40% off plus free shipping on orders over $10, code ZEBRA40

https://www.zebrapen.com/

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I really like the Parker jotter with the Schmidt easy flow refill. If I could fit the easy flow refil in a F301 I would look no further for an everyday carry pen.
    Jotters are awesome. Inexpensive, classic design, , small, available in many colors The Parker Quinkflow is a nice insert, and I prefer it to the Schmidt, but if you want bomb proof write on anything anywhere, get a Fisher Space Pen refill for it with the little adapter for Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    My go to pen is the Rotring RapidPro. Heavy all steel, and so black it could be navy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055ZZQFY..._JwPqCbBF6T75N
    @JAD. Again, I like your style. My pen since college has been a Rotring trio, in chrome. Red,black/blue, and a pencil all in the footprint of a regular pen. Built like a tank, and I think it’s been discontinued

ETA: I looked back and I see that I posted this same pen back when this thread was new.
    Last edited by theJanitor; 12-19-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    @JAD. Again, I like your style. My pen since college has been a Rotring trio, in chrome. Red,black/blue, and a pencil all in the footprint of a regular pen. Built like a tank, and I think it’s been discontinued

ETA: I looked back and I see that I posted this same pen back when this thread was new.
    I'm hesitant to ask. Is this a click style pen?

User Tag List