Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns and Ammo article on The Roland Special Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I've got gen4 Glocks that routinely turn in 1.5" groups at 25 yards with selected loads. I have no problem believing that a good match barrel with proper fitting would do better.

Okie John
    Sell me those guns

Are they stock barrels or KKM? Are you shooting match grade reloads or just experimenting with commercial until you found the best groups? Is animal sacrifice and a magic spell involved?

WHATS THE SECRET!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    Sell me those guns

Are they stock barrels or KKM? Are you shooting match grade reloads or just experimenting with commercial until you found the best groups? Is animal sacrifice and a magic spell involved?

WHATS THE SECRET!
    Just did this off hand with an OEM barrel and a subcompact from 50... So yeah, it's possible.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....r-Ranges/page7
    Last edited by GAP; 03-27-2016 at 02:40 PM.

WHATS THE SECRET!
    He shoots pretty good.
    Ignore Alien Orders

shoot their pistols while using night-vision goggles
    I am curious how RMR works out under the NODs.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Just did this off hand with an OEM barrel and a subcompact from 50... So yeah, it's possible.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....r-Ranges/page7
    Congrats, respect and WOW. Thats impressive shooting (same goes for okie john)

I noticed both okie john and you were shooting Gen 4's. Up until now I've refused to buy Gen 4's when my gen 3's work fine.

I may reconsider that

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    It is very familiar and not "new"- but Doc GKR got it from Roland.

Given the article is from Guns & Ammo I would not bet on it being 100% accurate. Regardless, it's an interesting concept - but certainly not the answer for everyone.

You will get the most out of the comp with hotter ammo, NATO, +P, +P+ etc. with 115 FMJ range ammo not so much.

While the Gen4's are generally more accurate than the Gen 3's a fitted KKM barrel won't hurt accuracy.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-27-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am curious how RMR works out under the NODs.
    It takes some getting used to, but works fine.
    Last edited by Kevin B.; 03-27-2016 at 03:02 PM.
    C Class shooter.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinh View Post
    Cool gun. Hostage rescue from concealed carry? Must be some pretty sneaky dudes.
    It's a G&A article...

As for uses, if you are working in a low profile environment, where you must carry concealed, may have to take shots beyond 25 yards and couldn't have a rifle, or may not be able to access a rifle quick enough, it makes sense.

Congrats, respect and WOW. Thats impressive shooting (same goes for okie john)

I noticed both okie john and you were shooting Gen 4's. Up until now I've refused to buy Gen 4's when my gen 3's work fine.

I may reconsider that
    Thank you, I've never had an issue with any of my Gen 4s. I've only been shooting on a regular basis for three years, so I wouldn't know any differently among the different generations.

Could I duplicate that target at will? No I couldn't, but I like knowing the capability is there and that how I'm training is working.

I could see running a 17 with all of those attachments in a duty role but I like my plain 26s (with night sights) for carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
    It takes some getting used to, but works fine.
    Is the dot visible through the NOD?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List