Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns and Ammo article on The Roland Special Glock 19

All the compensated KKM G19's we have shot have had relatively minor POI shifts and all have exhibited better accuracy potential than 3rd gen OEM barrels, on par with non-compensated KKM barrels.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Yeah, I expected them to based on previous user reports of match grade barrels in Glocks; probably from Okie John's long reports on them back on M4C some time ago.
    The POI shifts I got weren't that bad inside of 25 yards. Adjustable sights are nice for that, but their real strength is that it's so much easier to get a truly precise zero with them. When groups start to get really small, I find that I want them to be in exactly the right spot.

But I'm probably overthinking it. In fact, I'm definitely overthinking it.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 05-25-2016 at 11:47 AM.
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

For anyone interested in seeing THE Roland special and some of his other Glock set ups. In the video he says that he broke the RMR on his 19 and sent it back for warranty work. Maybe Gary will have some insight on the actual failure.

Anyway, Roland is constantly dropping knowledge bombs in a lot of these P&S videos. I seriously hope he decides to do open enrollment classes some day.

Last edited by StraitR; 05-25-2016 at 11:51 PM.

Site Supporter
    RDS zero info and more on Glocks (slide stops)

I'm slowly piecing together the Roland Special parts to try this concept out. I currently have a Glock 19 slide and RM06 at ATEi, and the KKM barrel and compensator arrived the other day. I'm looking forward to finally shooting it.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Yes it is.

Great American.

When he retires, he will likely become among the best shooting instructors available.
    I think he's already started, but the curriculum looks very specialized (e.g. night vision).

Presscheck Consulting

Roland mentions Presscheck at the start of the P&S ModCast with Kyle Defoor...

Interestingly, it looks like Primary and Secondary is getting into the training business - seems sort of like the Alias model...Presscheck is listed among their trainers.

Soldier Systems: Announcing P&S Administration & Logistics
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 06-12-2016 at 07:28 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Is "the Roland" here on PF THE actual Roland?
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Is "the Roland" here on PF THE actual Roland?
    No.

Definitely no.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Any of the guys who help on P&S who happen to be instructors are featured on the Primary & Secondary: Administration & Logistics (training) page. It is just a thank you to those that are helping.

Roland is featured on more of our podcasts than I am (me being the main force behind them).

We have had a lot of end users test these Roland Specials on their own dime and they are performing better than stock G19's across the board. Faster followup shots due to flater shooting (comp), more accurate due to the barrel, faster target acquisition due to the RDS.
    Last edited by Riafdnal; 07-05-2016 at 04:12 PM.

Would a Lone Wolf barrel and comp on a G19 be a good idea? I mean for a lower cost alternative, to determine if I really want to spend the money for the full monty. Feel free to bash me, I have thick skin.

User Tag List