Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns and Ammo article on The Roland Special Glock 19

Last edited by GRV; 03-27-2016 at 10:19 AM.

If this gun is by face-shooters, for face-shooters, is there a reason the rest of us should care about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    " this Glock 19 equipped with a KKM Precision match barrel, which is capable of 1˝-inch groups at 25 yards with full-power duty ammunition found on the commercial market"

1 1/2 inch groups at 25yds?

I've got a KKM on my G34, and I'm a fan. To put in mildly I'm skeptical of the above claim

I've got gen4 Glocks that routinely turn in 1.5" groups at 25 yards with selected loads. I have no problem believing that a good match barrel with proper fitting would do better.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 03-27-2016 at 12:07 PM.
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    If this gun is by face-shooters, for face-shooters, is there a reason the rest of us should care about it?
    To understand and keep abreast of new ideas about what's possible?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Why did they not spring for the custom fitted barrels?
    I remember reading that custom fitted barrels perform better than drop-in.
    Is this not true any more?

Quote Originally Posted by nycnoob View Post
    Why did they not spring for the custom fitted barrels?
    I remember reading that custom fitted barrels perform better than drop-in.
    Is this not true any more?
    We don't know that. They could have bought oversized barrels and fitted them in-house. Remember that this is a classified unit. There will always be a certain amount of distortion in any public-facing accounts of their activity.

Okie John

Cool gun. Hostage rescue from concealed carry? Must be some pretty sneaky dudes.

Wow, they made a special gun for me, but I'm just hearing about it now? Maybe I missed the PM.

I need to wait long enough, that I will think it was my own idea, before trying this KKM comp thing.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Misfire
    Last edited by Cheap Shot; 03-27-2016 at 02:21 PM.

User Tag List