Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Newportl View Post
    @HCM - which magwell is that?
    In the OP ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    In the OP ?

No - from your pic.

Necro Bump.

Will all the talk by @Duke and other about comps and dots, and my thought about comp段ng a G23 for the woods, I just wanted to see if anyone is still using a Roland-ish pistol and what the thoughts are after a few years.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Unrelated sorry. But how do you like the book??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It痴 ok. The gunslinger thing is cool but overall it痴 middle of the pack in terms of king books.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Necro Bump.

Will all the talk by @Duke and other about comps and dots, and my thought about comp段ng a G23 for the woods, I just wanted to see if anyone is still using a Roland-ish pistol and what the thoughts are after a few years.
    With agencies transitioning from 40 to 9 there are some people who have an opportunity to access surplus 40.

KKM makes a 40 Cal version of their comp. What I would like to do is get a G 45 frame and a Glock 23.4 slide. I値l have to either go to a generation 4 slide stop or cut the generation 5 lever on the right side but otherwise it should work. May have to swap ejectors too. We値l see. The result would fit in G 34/35 holsters.

Necro Bump.

With a brace of new Performance center 2.0 core ported smiths in hand.....

He strode home to jack with recoil weights springs on slow mo.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    What holster is that?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I just wanted to see if anyone is still using a Roland-ish pistol and what the thoughts are after a few years.
    I've recently been revisiting the concept. Back in November I noticed that I was having trouble focusing on the front sight - I just couldn't shoot tight groups the same way anymore. I tried a dot gun and it was like the magic was back. So I decided to commit to MRDS pistols for 2020. I had sold my previous GEN4 G19 ATEi build, so for this iteration I started with a G45 MOS and simply added the KKM barrel and compensator. Since the G45 offers an integrated magwell and front serrations from the factory, I didn't feel the need to go with custom milling. I also prefer the G17 grip length. Right now I'm running an extra RM01 I had lying around; my plan is to replace it with a RM06 and a CHPWS plate. This is an older picture with a DPP.

Name:  IMG_0208.jpg
Views: 1289
Size:  101.1 KB

I don't see myself going back to irons, so this time around the Roland feels less like an experiment to try and more like a sidearm to master. I'm not yet where I was in terms of speed with irons, but I'm closing the gap quick. I'm still a bit slower to the first shot. My last practice session before the local ranges closed ended with FAST times of 5.30 and 5.37. Recoil control isn't my greatest strength; the compensator complements the MRDS and helps me track the dot. I've been dedicating my dry fire practice to cleaning up my draw and presentation; I'm hopeful that will mitigate the temporary loss in live fire practice.

I'm wondering when we'll see a compensated MOS gun direct from the Glock factory. There's already the S&W PC model, and I suspect a SIG isn't far behind.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    What holster is that?
    Bawidaman Gotham

http://bawidamann.com/gotham-x300u-a...-glock-s-w-v2/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I've recently been revisiting the concept. Back in November I noticed that I was having trouble focusing on the front sight - I just couldn't shoot tight groups the same way anymore. I tried a dot gun and it was like the magic was back. So I decided to commit to MRDS pistols for 2020. I had sold my previous GEN4 G19 ATEi build, so for this iteration I started with a G45 MOS and simply added the KKM barrel and compensator. Since the G45 offers an integrated magwell and front serrations from the factory, I didn't feel the need to go with custom milling. I also prefer the G17 grip length. Right now I'm running an extra RM01 I had lying around; my plan is to replace it with a RM06 and a CHPWS plate. This is an older picture with a DPP.

Name:  IMG_0208.jpg
Views: 1289
Size:  101.1 KB

I don't see myself going back to irons, so this time around the Roland feels less like an experiment to try and more like a sidearm to master. I'm not yet where I was in terms of speed with irons, but I'm closing the gap quick. I'm still a bit slower to the first shot. My last practice session before the local ranges closed ended with FAST times of 5.30 and 5.37. Recoil control isn't my greatest strength; the compensator complements the MRDS and helps me track the dot. I've been dedicating my dry fire practice to cleaning up my draw and presentation; I'm hopeful that will mitigate the temporary loss in live fire practice.

I'm wondering when we'll see a compensated MOS gun direct from the Glock factory. There's already the S&W PC model, and I suspect a SIG isn't far behind.
    I want to build this, but in .40.

Failing that, I may build a P320 carry in 40 with the parker mountain machine comp and the full size grip frame.

User Tag List