Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experience with Pinnacle High Performance Gunsmithing ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    The 9mm J-frames (940) and 9mm Ruger LCR are/were all, AFAIK, built on a steel frame.

Converted aluminum 442s or aluminum LCRs would make me incredibly nervous in 9mm...
    Ahhh, I did not know that. .38 Special ammo has gotten more inline with 9mm prices so I'm not looking as seriously as I was.

Probably wouldn't have done it anyway, likely could've traded my 38 Special for a 9mm LCR for less than $230.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Is that a J frame or a K frame in the photo ? I'm thinking it might be a k as that is a six shot moon clip.
    That my friend, is a 4" 66 chopped to 3" and converted to 9mm.

To be honest, I'm more interested in the 4" to 3" conversion. A 3" 66 is on my bucket list. I'm not a collector so a modified one is the with me since I won't pay the ridiculous prices factory 3" 66's seem to bring. Now I just have to find the right 66 to buy and modify.
    Last edited by Lon; 05-19-2016 at 07:20 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Do you know where the back sight came from? Nice 66, I've a 19 I thought about doing the same thing to.
    Bill

Looks like a cylinder and slide extreme duty rear. http://www.cylinder-slide.com/index....w&ref=CS0123RU
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

His pricing is extremely reasonable, I'd love to hear from some more of his customers. That's assuming he's still taking work, since the page talks about medical issues.

Thank you
    Bill

Just to bump this thread. I ended up getting a 4" 67 that was at my brother in laws gun shop just because. Impulse buy. Didn't really pay any attention to the dash model. Figured it was one of the new 2 piece barrels. Much to my pleasant surprise it's a -5, which has the one piece barrel. So after I get done with revolver instructor school in a couple weeks I'm gonna send it off to Pinnacle for a 3" chop job/front sight install. Won't look exactly like the 66 I posted but will be close. I'll update when I can.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Teaser pic. Not Pinnacle, but just got these progress pics of my chopped 67-5:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  46.8 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Teaser pic. Not Pinnacle, but just got these progress pics of my chopped 67-5:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  46.8 KB
    Nice! Details? Who did what, and how much at least...

Hatari Firearms LLC is doing the work. goes by usnrigger over on the smith-wessonforum.com. Just under $400 for everything I'm having done (barrel chop/sight install, slab side the barrel and the bead blast refinish). Quoted turn around was 4 weeks.

Once it's all done I'll post a thread of its own with more pics.
    Last edited by Lon; 09-09-2016 at 10:31 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List