Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 157: Dot Torture

Week 157: Dot Torture

Week 157: Dot Torture

Results may be posted until April 25th, 2016.

Let's all remember Todd Louis Green by shooting Dot Torture, a staple drill of every AFHF class. This one's for you, Todd!!!

Designed by: David Blinder
    Range: 3 yards, or shooter's choice
    Target: Ten 2" circles - download here: http://pistol-training.com/wp-conten...ure-target.pdf
    Start position: Varies, see below
    Rounds fired: 50

The basic distance intended for this drill is 3 yards. You may choose another distance if you want. All 50 hits are required to pass. There is no time limit - this is a primarily a marksmanship drill.

Dot 1: Draw and fire one string of 5 rounds for best group. One hole if possible, total 5 rounds.

Dot 2: Draw and fire 1 shot, holster and repeat x 4, total 5 rounds.

Dots 3 and 4: Draw and fire 1 shot on #3, then 1 shot on #4, holster and repeat x 3, total 8 rounds.

Dot 5: Draw and fire string of 5 rounds, strong hand only, total 5 rounds.

Dots 6 and 7: Draw and fire 2 shots on #6, then 2 on #7, holster, repeat x 4, total 16 rounds.

Dot 8: From ready, fire five shots, weak hand only, total 5 rounds.

Dots 9 and 10: Draw and fire 1 shot on #9, speed reload, fire 1 shot on #10, repeat x 3, total 6 rounds.

Total your hits to determine your final score.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Gun and holster used
    Distance
    Total score
    Pass or fail
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Glock 26 Gen 4 - JM Custom IWB3
    3 yards
    Pass

5 yards
    Pass

7 yards
    Fail
    Pulled two shots low during a transition round. I need to work on that, specifically with speed. I'm confident I can pass at 7 yards, I just need another try or two. Glock 26 is an awesome shooter. Even more so when you get over the whole two finger grip thing.

Site Supporter
    I have yet to get a pass on one of these, at any distance, with any gun, and if I go a week or more without shooting one, not only does my score get worse, I feel like an addict in need of a hit.

I'll try to get some done today or tomorrow.

I too have never cleaned it. I have cleaned the various strings at one time or another but I always seem to get lazy, anxious, rush, or just plain suck on a shot or two. Unfortunately today was no different.

Glock 17 rtf2, dark star gear aiwb under a fleece

First time
    48/50 3yds

I shot the first dot too quick and threw the last shot. WTF!! There is no excuse for that, I was just an idiot. Then I dropped 1 on the who string, which is where I usually lose on the drill.

As penance, I made myself do it again after a little break doing other things. I cleaned the first string, as I should. Then the second. Third, fourth, and fifth no problem. I was getting really anxious at this point because the who string is always my worst. I took my time and concentrated and finished clean. Smooth sailing now. A few 1r1 and done. 1st set clean. 2nd set clean. 3rd set mike and mike......F ME! I feel like the guy who missed the game winning shot...and everybody hates him...most of all himself. I'm going back tomorrow. I am going to clean dot torture this week, i'll shoot it every day if I have to.

2nd time
    48/50

3 yards, CZ 75 sp01 from concealment.

39 / 50

Not much to say, didn't do well. Rushed shots, so just need to shoot within my abilities.

Name:  dot torture.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  47.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20160326_094228565.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  23.9 KB

Gun and holster used G19 w/RMR Fricke AIWB
    Distance 6 yds
    Total score 49/50
    Pass or fail Fail
    Anything you noticed Still shake a lot on the WHO. I have cleaned it at 5, so went for 6. Must have just lost concentration toward the end. No real excuse for that dropped shot on the reload.

Glock 17 Rtf 2, dark star gear aiwb under a fleece

50/50 3yds

Gun and holster used: M&P 45 midsize; Safariland ALS 6378
    Distance: 3 yards
    Total score: 45/50
    Pass or fail: Fail
    Anything you noticed: haven't really shot any drills in a few months but We've had in-service the past few weeks and I had some down time. Dot 8, weak hand shooting, ate my lunch on this drill. I shot this drill the day TLG passed.

HK P2000 v2
    3 yards
    Still waiting on holsters to get here so I shot from low ready when I should have drawn
    48/50 FAIL

I tried shooting this clean for Todd, I really did. But my second weak hand shot was the one way out to the right. The firing line at my club is 1/4 mile long and I'm pretty sure everyone heard the obscenity I threw after that. I was so pissed I missed the next one too.

Part of me wants to go back tomorrow morning and clean the MF'er out of principle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Today:
    SIG SP2022 9mm, custom leather holster
    3 yds
    45/50
    Failed again.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  55.2 KB

This is a match to the best score I've had, though, and each dot is cleaner (except 8 & 10, which look about normal for what would be half the dots). And it's much better than last week's dot drill with the 3913 I was carrying that day.
    Last edited by Duelist; 03-26-2016 at 09:49 PM.

User Tag List