Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what's the most unusal thing youve ever cut

Site Supporter

what's the most unusal thing youve ever cut

Today my son & I were driving along the interstate - approx. 55 mph (I have a '78 Chevy Cheyenne/4x4/350 engine) to pick up some new furniture. We both started hearing a scraping sound - like an exhaust pipe or muffler on the road - and the unmistakable roar of a small block Chevy. Took the next ramp, got on a side street - sure enough, the y-pipe (crossover) had decided that nearly 38 years was long enough and parted company with the muffler, which dropped down and was dragging on the road. I had put this muffler on a year ago and spent extra to get a HD hanger/bracket to use behind the muffler. The nylon reinforced rubber connector measures nearly an inch thick and did not tear, even when the leading edge of the muffler bounced off the road a few times. I had no tools (very unusual for me - what can I say - it was spur of the moment?). But wait! I did have my Benchmade Griptilian in its regular pocket (plus, of course my EDC in its regular spot)! I was very glad I had bought the serrated blade because that's what I used on the connector. In less than ten minutes, we were back on the road. It is my first quality blade, but money well spent, IMO.

If my knife could talk, at the bare minimum I'm going in for a 48 hour psych exam.
    i used to wannabe

Splitting small logs with a Glock knife instead of an axe was pretty neat.

Got a twofer from one weekend;

1) Killed a ~150lbs wild hog with a Ka-bar. More of a stab I guess, but I call it a cut too.

2) An unmentionable body part while trying to scrape a tick head out.

Myself out of a badly wrecked car.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Got a twofer from one weekend;

1) Killed a ~150lbs wild hog with a Ka-bar. More of a stab I guess, but I call it a cut too.

2) An unmentionable body part while trying to scrape a tick head out.
    I killed a little javelina with a knife once. Once was enough.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Once was enough.

Okie John
    Wholeheartedly agree. I wouldn't have done it without the two Pitbulls holding onto the hog's snout.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Nothing really weird...cut off a cast once; cut an entire couch to bits with a big knife I'd just finished making (nails and all).

I know a guy who impaled his hand on a knife after sticking it through a mostly frozen chicken, though. It just broke through the frozen bits and went through the chicken and his left hand in one motion, and he was stuck to a chicken.

And my dad once fainted after stabbing himself in the chest by accident, even though I don't think it was very serious. But I have to admit that if I look down and see holes in my body that aren't usually there, even if I consciously know they're not life-threatening, I feel pretty light-headed so I assume I inherited his parasympathetic overreaction.

Oh, my grandfather cut a huge rattlesnake in half once. It was hibernating in a hollow log. Four inches in diameter; maybe seven feet long.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Oh, my grandfather cut a huge rattlesnake in half once. It was hibernating in a hollow log. Four inches in diameter; maybe seven feet long.
    That's what shotguns are for.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

My dad would have some good ones if he was in this thread.

He was the type that never used the right tool for the job. I remember us pulling out of the driveway and getting about 200 yards from the house when the power steering belt on the car shredded (he rarely maintained his cars either). He got out, popped the hood, and barked an order to me to get a steak knife from the kitchen. When I returned he promptly used it to free the pulleys of the tangled mess.

We got back in the car and headed to the auto parts store to get a new belt.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List